Contributing Cover User
Australia
Mingli
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

An unbalanced transaction may not be recorded

Why would i get "An unbalanced transaction may not be recorded" when raising an order?

Any new order raised may or may not have a different price and i believe that this should not affect the debit/credit balance?

I had 5 lines in that order. I did order these items before but now some prices were different, and at the end it came up with this issue.

I cancelled and re-raised the order again by adding one line by one line and "OK" it until it came to the 4th line and then got this issue.

So i know which item created the problem. I then added the same line again without amending the price it automatically came up with. And this time the order was accepted but at the wrong price!

But what do i do now? 

2 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner GDay53
765 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
GDay53
Ultimate Partner

765Posts

782Kudos

144Solutions

Re: An unbalanced transaction may not be recorded

@Mingli

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of helpful information.

What you have recorded is just the Order. When the Bill comes in and you convert the order to a Bill, change the price for that item to the correct price.  This will also change the price on the item so that in future you should not have the same problem.

Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield

gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Contributing Cover User Mingli
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Mingli
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: An unbalanced transaction may not be recorded

Thanks Graham.

Still I am puzzled why do it did not accept the correct price in the first place.

I have different prices for the same item frequently in the past and there was no issue in raising the order.

It will be very time consuming if you need to change the price of the item every time you need to convert an order to a bill... specially if there are many lines in that order.. 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post