Choosing Items

Sbarn5
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Solved: Go to Solution

Choosing Items

We have just upgraded from V19 to Account Right 2016.3. We used to be able to enter a description into the Item field on a sales invoice eg: 12-14t and MYOB would automatically suggest 13t which we could choose to keep or not. Is that option still available in version 2016.3?

4 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
18,854 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Choosing Items

Hi @Sbarn5

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

AccountRight v19 item's search function works on a list principle, where the search item is in the list it will go to that selected item in the list. If that items is not in the list it will go to the next available item based on the search list.

AccountRight 2016 works on a different principle for selecting items to be used on a transaction, it queries the list of your items. For example if you enter an item number that matches the enter search criteria it will show that item, if that search criteria doesn't match to an item no items will appear in the list.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Sbarn5
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Thank you Steven

Forbes
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

When I want to order or sell an item and want to find it in version 2016 if I select a part number prefix e.g number 8 the program lists every item with the number "8" in it, earlier versions (user since 2000) would only call up items with "8" as the first number of the part number not something like 1500.128.2 where the "8" in the part number is a 6th level identifier.

When I have 5000 or so line items this is very frustrating, is there any fix to this sort of problem

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
4,497 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

HI @Forbes

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of useful information.

I’m sorry to see that no one has responded to your enquiry before now.

There were some process changes made in the AccountRight 2016 versions to change the workflow and allow better wildcard searching, including displaying any items that contain the entered information when entering in an invoice. As these changes were made into the backend of AccountRight, it’s not possible to disable this.

You could go to Setup >> Preferences >> Windows and tick the option of Select Items by Item name. This will let you type in the first letter of the items name and it will pull it up. If for example your items have an item code at the start of it you could replicate a similar option.

Please do feel free to post any other questions that you may have.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post