Company File set up incorrectly

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User Jenny_M
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Solved: Go to Solution

Company File set up incorrectly

We are a sporting not for profit organisation when I set up the file the company information in January 17 and it  shows:

Conversion month - January 2017  -  Current Financial year 2017

Accounting Period - Thirteen              Last Month in Financial Year:  January

Our financial year runs from January to December -  I am unable to do a P&L Report - put in Filter 1/1/17 to 28/5/17 and it's saying Error The dates must be the same financial year.

How can I fix this or do I have to set up a new MYOB file and export the existing data into it.

3 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner ronatbas
3,860 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Re: Company File set up incorrectly

@Jenny_M

Unfortunately there is little you can do other than start a new file other than exporting to excel and combining the figures. The only time that the Last Month of Financial Year can be changed is at roll over and you don't have the luxury of being able to roll out an earlier year.

MYOB are very accomodating for NFP's and may be able to negotiate a disount on the new file. @Suja_P will be able to set you in the right direction on Monday.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Contributing Cover User Jenny_M
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Thank you for your help and your quick reply on a Sunday - will I wait for a reply from MYOB or should I contact them?  Thank you again - this has been a real stress to me and to get your reply is fantastic.

Cheers Jenny

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,819 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Jenny_M

If a company file has been created by mistake or incorrectly set up we are more than happy to arrange for the incorrect file to be deactivated. This will allow the user to create the new company file and activate it with their serial number.

I have sent you a private message on the MYOB Community Forum in regards to that process as we do need to confirm some additional information.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post