Wilfords
Experienced Cover User

50Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Customer statement - Overdue amount not showing

Hello,

We are having a bit of trouble with our customer statements. Amounts that should be showing as one month overdue, are showing as current.

We are using Account Right 17.2. We only recently started having this problem. We did upgrade from 17.1 the other day. I dont know if that would contribute?

I have attached some screenshots.

Thanks,

KristinaScreenshot (3).pngScreenshot (4).pngScan_0043-1.jpg

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,076 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21076Posts

2353Kudos

2946Solutions

Re: Customer statement - Overdue amount not showing

Hi @Wilfords

When using an Activity-based statement for ageing purposes the entered to date is used for the ageing of values on the statement, not the date it was produced.  So, in your case, the invoice in question, based on the terms, would have a due date of 30/11/2017. As the to date is the 30/11/2017 it is still current. It will not be until the 01/12/2017 that the invoice is overdue and will appear in the 30 days overdue field.

You also showed a screenshot of the Card showing that the value is overdue, this is correct as that field will show the overdue value as of today (08/12/2017). As this is after the invoice due date the invoice value is overdue.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Experienced Cover User Wilfords
50 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Wilfords
Experienced Cover User

50Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M,

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense.

The only problem I can see is when we have invoices dated on the 1st of the month. If we set the to date as the 1st, I'm assuming they would show up as due at the end of the same month and not the following month? 

It's not a huge problem beacuse we can just date the invoices from the 2nd onwards.

Thanks,

Kristina

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,076 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21076Posts

2353Kudos

2946Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @Wilfords

Not 100% sure what you are asking, whether you are referring to invoices dated 1st day of the month and how that will impact the statement ageing or just the statement, in general, have answered both for you.

In terms of ageing, it is based on the statement date and the terms of the invoice. If the statement's To date 01/xx/xxxx but the invoice is not due according to the terms it will be listed as Current. For example, say you had the invoice dated 01/10/2017 with the terms "Net EOM after EOM" it would make the invoice due on 30/11/2017. If the statement's To date is 30/11/2017 it will appear as current, if you dated it for the 01/12/2017 it would be overdue.

In terms of the statement in general, the To Date will act as a filter. If you have a transaction dated 01/xx/xxx and run the statement for xx/xx/xxxx to 01/xx/xxx - with that To date being the same date as the invoice date - the transaction will appear. The way around that would be not date the invoices for the 1st, i.e. 2nd onwards, in your case they will still have the same terms so I don't see any great impact from an AccountRight point of view if you did that.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post