Delete an already allocated credit note

TLC_K
4 Posts
Cover User
Solved: Go to Solution

Delete an already allocated credit note

Hi have done a credit note and already allocated it to the relevant invoice, the customer ended up paying the original amount, however now I cant remove the credit note as it says "A sale with payments applied cannot be deleted" so How do I get rid of this so I can receive the correct total to the invoice ?

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
18,807 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Delete an already allocated credit note

Hi @TLC_K

When deleting a transaction in AccountRight you do need to start at the end point and work your way backwards. For example, you can't delete an invoice has been paid, you first need to delete the payment to open the invoice to allow deletion.

In your case, you have to delete an application of the credit note. This can by going into the relevant invoice (could be the credit note or the closed invoice), selecting the History button (bottom right), select the relevant payment transaction in the Find Transaction window. Once in the Settle Returns & Credits window, you can go to Edit>>Delete Credit. By doing that it will delete the application of that credit note, allow that original transaction to be open allowing payment and it will also allow for the credit to be returned to the Returns & Credits tab of the Sale Register so it can be processed (or deleted) if necessary.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
TLC_K
4 Posts
Cover User

Re: Delete an already allocated credit note

That worked. Thanks Steven 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post