Email Statements - Blank

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User 5teve
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Email Statements - Blank

Hi Guys

Something I am scratching my head with here. I'm a bit late getting emailed statements out - as we have been busy - so A/R 2016.3 - go to email / print statements - limit to selected date (31/8/17) and the list of customers doesnt change and when sending the statements sends any customer with a current balance (ie from today backwards to the date selected) a blank statement - What the.. 

So again i'm faced with listening to the radio hearing how fantastic MYOB is and how much time I can save each month (over what? a manual ledger?) and in reality Im faced with either send all my statements out and get 100+ emails back asking why the statement is blank or spend the time reporting on who had a balance and then manually selecting all customers who need statements - hardly a time saver eh?

Seriously if this is another bug - then i'm going to be pretty much done. I'm losing hours per month watching the spinny blue circle on server spec hardware (over 1gb/s read and write to disk and 32gb ram) , i'm creating work arounds to get around basic issues and i had to change my whole work process from V19 because of bugs. Certainly not what I would call business ready software

When is MYOB going to start producing a software that works - stop messing around adding fancy features - get the current features useable - get the performance acceptable - im not asking for miracles - i'm just asking for it to be as quick as v19 - its a newer faster better db you use now - so what went wrong.

Frustrated again...

Steve

6 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,250 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Re: Email Statements - Blank

Hi @5teve

Sorry to hear of your pain points.   That sounds very odd.   I am sure you have probably already checked this but have a look at your advanced settings below to see it there is anything weird and wonderful defaulted?

I have not come across any bugs with AR live in regards to emailing statements.   You mention you use A/R 2016.3 - this is a old version and you would recommend you upgrade to the latest 2017.1

First option would be to get MYOB to look at it via data repair services however that will take a call to support to organise to see if this is needed.  Tell them the size of your file as well.    

You mention the file is on server - are you set up on a network framework or on the MYOB cloud server?  

I have come across many files causing issues that have come from the V19 days and normally these types of issues start to occur when the file is getting to large and been around for many years.   In this case I start a new file at the beginning of a financial period and the problems are normally solved.   Not saying that is the issue however it might be worth engaging a highly technical MYOB consultant to come out onsite and have a look at whats going on?

If you do need to start a new file I also recommend consultation with your accountant and a MYOB expert in the conversion area.  

Rarely are my client files stored on their servers as I find it slower than the MYOB cloud servers to be honest.  

I hope this post helps you in some way it is hard to troubleshoot without seeing what is happening in your file. 

Invoice Settings.jpg

@renae2peas
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

BooksInTheCloud wrote:

Hi @5teve

Sorry to hear of your pain points.   That sounds very odd.   I am sure you have probably already checked this but have a look at your advanced settings below to see it there is anything weird and wonderful defaulted? First Place I checked i'm afraid - its not like its doing anything wrong as such its just not filtering the customers out that had no balance on the selected date so sends them a statement with nothing on - from further investigation a few people have posted about this also.

I have not come across any bugs with AR live in regards to emailing statements.   You mention you use A/R 2016.3 - this is a old version and you would recommend you upgrade to the latest 2017.1 - I have been hesitant to upgrade as apparently from my investigation 2017 had no performance improvements with many saying its slower - If its any slower that 2016 then I may as well give up. I only recently (last 6 months) upgraded to 2016 from v19 due to its multi user ability

First option would be to get MYOB to look at it via data repair services however that will take a call to support to organise to see if this is needed.  Tell them the size of your file as well.   File is around the 120mb mark so tiny compared to some and certainly not a big file - we are only a small company with a few employees - I would consider having them run over it though to see if anything maybe causing speed issues also.

You mention the file is on server - are you set up on a network framework or on the MYOB cloud server?  Its set up in the following fashion - MYOB file on a file server / workstation - I use myob on this machine. We also have another workstation that uses the file from the file server. The main file server is running the server version of MYOB. So as mentioned -

I use MYOB on the file server - 8 core 3.6ghz Xeon - 32gb Ram - 2x SSD's in raid 0 (for performance - 1gb/s read / write) for O/s and Apps - MYOB file stored on RAID6 array of 12 disks (hi speed hitachi's) with read write perfomance of over 1.2gb/s - it was a system built for data throughput as its also used for video / photo editing - using MYOB locally on this machine is SLOW - everything works / moves / enters slowly - even switching windows within MYOB can take a few seconds - eg switching from new sale window to sales register window sitting behind it - 10 seconds+

The other workstation - again a xeon desktop - 16gb ram - 2x SSD drives as boot / app drive - networked via gigabit LAN not wireless - operates at the same if not slightly slower speed even though its a networked file.

I'm even considering a dedicated SSD array to run the file and MYOB to see if I can get some more speed.

Oh I have also followed the performance guide so thats ticked off.

I have come across many files causing issues that have come from the V19 days and normally these types of issues start to occur when the file is getting to large and been around for many years.   In this case I start a new file at the beginning of a financial period and the problems are normally solved.   Not saying that is the issue however it might be worth engaging a highly technical MYOB consultant to come out onsite and have a look at whats going on? The file is fairly old - (5 years) but only has around 10k sales and 2k po's a fair few customers but n ot anything like larger companies may come across.

If you do need to start a new file I also recommend consultation with your accountant and a MYOB expert in the conversion area.  - If I was looking at strating a new file - Sorry but it wont be happening with MYOB - I have been using and monitoring it for 10+years and I'm not seeing any fundamental improvements - yes it looks prettier - but it has some horrible regressions and performance is not acceptable - Microsoft would be out of business if their office suite performed anything like this. The mobile solution for MYOB isnt exactly elegant and fully featured either.

Rarely are my client files stored on their servers as I find it slower than the MYOB cloud servers to be honest.  I wont currently use the cloud version - due to potential speed - But I think any company with tradition IT structure is going to be using a MYOB file on a server - if not then how are they working on the same file / how is it backed up / it becomes very fragmented. By running ot on a server I can ensure there is a single point - everything is backed up several times a day - and now MYOB finally integrated forms and settings into the file  (yes this was an improvement) - its better for having several clients from a single point

I hope this post helps you in some way it is hard to troubleshoot without seeing what is happening in your file. 

Invoice Settings.jpg

Answers in Red above

39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

I Have also just installed 2017 - same issue.

go to email / print statements - set date to 31/8/17 tick only include invoices upto statement date - and the list shows customers that only had balances after the selected date. Send emails and the statement attached to the email is blank.

So MYOB bug or company file issue - i'd be saying a bug.. but happy to hear otherwise.

Looks like my 10 hours time saving that MYOB promises me has now been chewed up.

Steve

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,776 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @5teve

Based on the way in which AccountRight works what you are describing is the way in which the software is intended to work and a non-transactional statement would be produced under certain circumstances.

When you go to Sales>>Print/Email Statements a list of all customers will be populated based on whether or not they have a balance on their i.e. it looks at their card balance to determine if they should appear in the list. Now the statement date entered in that window is used to age the invoices for the statement, it will not filter out any customers a future balance, as the list has already been populated when you opened the window. The option "Only include invoices up to statement date" will filter the invoices for the statement, yet again not the customer cards.

As the customer list is generated based on the current customer balance it can lead to a non-transactional statement if the customer has an open invoice but is dated after the statement date (and only include invoices up to statement date is ticked). For example, say they have an invoice dated on 10/09/2017 and you are running the statement date to be 31/08/2017 with only include invoices up to statement date ticked. The customer will have a balance as of today so they appear in the list of Customers and as the invoice is dated after the statement date (and you have stated only show invoices before that date) you get a non-transactional statement.

So based on the way the system has been designed and the options selected, getting a non-transactional statement may be the case. 

AccountRight Classic v19 does work in exactly the same way as AccountRight 2017 in regards to this.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Cover User rturnour
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Steve, I am having the same problem with blank statements. All my statements are blank. It has nothing to do with how much they owe or when they owe it. The attachment when clicked on presents a blank screen essentially. How do I fix?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,776 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @rturnour

I see you have also posted on Blank Statements with a similar issue. In your recent post on that topic, you did indicate that the matter has been resolved by using a different customise form as the original used form was blank. 

If you do have any further enquiries don't hesitate to post on the Forum again.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post