Help Setting up Customised Invoice

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Highlighted
EITB
3 Posts
User
Australia
Solved: Go to Solution

Help Setting up Customised Invoice

Hi,

I'd like some help setting up a Customised Invoice.

My business primarily drop-ships assorted items to my customers.

We do not hold much inventory, and have a very wide range of products we sell.

I would like to set up an Item-based invoice without having to set up a new item in the system for each different product we invoice, as there is little regularity regarding the items we sell and their pricing.

At the moment I am currently using a service based invoice, and manually enter "3 x *Product Number*" and manually calculate the total price based on unit price * # of units.

What I would like to be able to set up is an item based invoice, where I can have fields for "Number of Units", "Unit Price" and "Description/Product Number" that I manually enter, and have it automatically calculate the extended price (being # of units * unit price)

Ideally these Figures would all be exclusive of Tax/GST, which gets added at the bottom of my current invoice.

5 REPLIES
Ultimate Cover User TonyLane
2,845 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia

Re: Help Setting up Customised Invoice

Hi @EITB

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

I would like to demonstrate how you could achieve that objective.

What MYOB product do you use?

For example AccountRight Basics etc.

Best Regards

Tony Lane - Penguin - Tasmania

EITB
3 Posts
User
Australia

Hi Tony,

I am currently Running 2 seperate Company Files on 2 versions of MYOB.

I have one on

AccuntRight Standard AU 2016.1.18.1195

and another on

AccountRight Basics AU 2015.3.17.3339

I would like to use the same basic template on both, and I am able to update the 2015.3 file if required.

2,845 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @EITB

Thank you.

Based on what you said in your original message I suggest the following:-

1. Create one Item (I Sell only) in your items list; in my case I put:-
    • Item Number value is 'DropShip' whilst Item Name is 'Product TBS' in the Profile tab of this new item
    • In the Selling Details tab, the following values were placed:-
      • 0.00 for Base Selling Price: 
      • GST for Tax Code When Sold
      • Inclusive/Exclusive tick box has been left unticked
      • Actual Selling Price for Calculate Sales Tax on:
  2. Use the customised Item Invoice form, I've created, which was exported from AccountRight Plus 2016.1 then compressed into attached Customised Item - GST Exclusive Form.zip file.  Just uncompress it onto your desktop to import into your AccountRight Standard AU 2016.1.18.1195 company file.  The form name is Customised Item - GST Exclusive Form.frmx just import it into that company file thru Setup>>Import Customised Forms option and just follow the prompts.
    • Once imported you can further customise it to better suit your needs
  3. Created a sample Item invoice as depicted in the attached PDF file Sample Item Sale GST Exclusive Screen.pdf
    • Note that i did not tick the Tax Inclusive checkbox; suggest you do the same
    • As you are only using one item then its item description will need to be changed for each 'DropShip' item entered on an invoice
  4. Printed the attached sample Item Invoice Sample Item Sale GST Exclusive Invoice.pdf using the form created in step 2
    • Note that the there is no Item Number because you only wanted every item sale to be freehand so it would not make any sense to have my choice of static item number value of 'DropShip' appearing on every line in an invoice.

If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards

EITB
3 Posts
User
Australia

Awesome!

That is exactly the kind of solution I was looking for.

I've been able to set up a new customised invocie to take advantage of item based invoicing now, you're a life-saver.

2,845 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia

Thank you @EITB Smiley Happy

I'm delighted to hear your issue has been resolved.

Please don't hesitate to use the forum again should the need arise; we look forward to being of further assistance to you.

Best Regards

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post