2 Posts
Partner
karen-k
Partner

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

How does MYOB match up customer names?

I am using a booking form created by an IT company to import sales directly to MYOB AccountRight. However it is creating a new customer for every sale, regardless of whether the customer name already exists in the MYOB card list. Today two bookings arrived one after the other from the same existing customer and new accounts were created for each of them, so now I have three accounts to merge for that customer. I know how to do this, but it adds extra work every day.

In order to sort this out, I need to know which field MYOB checks to see if a customer already exists or not.

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator JakeN
650 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
JakeN
MYOB Moderator

650Posts

106Kudos

74Solutions

Re: How does MYOB match up customer names?

Hi @karen-k,

To be able to provide you with a more accurate answer. If you could provide the version of AccountRight you are using. You'll find this in the Help -> About AccountRight menu.

Also from reading further in to your post it seems that the IT company is using the AccountRight API. Please confirm if that is the case. If it is then if you send your question to the developers@moyb.com email support inbox they will be able to help your further.

Kind regards,
JakeN
MYOB Partner/Social Support

Is this a Solution?
Mark this as an Accepted Solution
Helpful? Leave a kudos to tell others

Partner karen-k
2 Posts
Partner
karen-k
Partner

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: How does MYOB match up customer names?

Hi JakeN

Thanks for your response.

I called MYOB and they clarified this issue for me on the phone. My developer is now sorting this out.

Thanks,

karen-k

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post