Importing purchase invoices

KMS
4 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

Importing purchase invoices

We are looking for a way to easily export sale invoices out of one MYOB Accountright file and import as a purchase invoice into another MYOB Accountright file.  Any suggestions would be appreciated?  In this particular situation, one office enters invoicing for a large number of MYBO Accountright company files and some of the invoices are 20-30 lines long, so looking at ways to reduce data entry... Thanks

4 REPLIES
Super Partner Murray_McKenzie
483 Posts
Super Partner
New Zealand

Re: Importing purchase invoices

Hi there

If this was a one off you could achieve it by using the built in export and import functionality. It does require some manipulation of the data before it is imported.

However it sounds like it's an ongoing process so manual exporting might not save much time. It's possible there's an add-on that will do this for you. If there isn't it would be reasonably straight forward to develop one specifically for you.

To do this you would want to be quite deliberate in how the files were set up.

I can help you with this if you don't find something that already exists. PM me for contact details.

Murray McKenzie
B.Com
IRD Registered Tax Agent
Boots 'n All Ltd
KMS
4 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

Any ideas for add-ons to use?

Trusted Partner eJulia
108 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia

Hi @KMS

You can import purchases using TransPost Plus. It is much more flexible about column formats as you can define and save a 'mapping' to specify which column goes where. 

You can also do things like set defaults, e.g. I would imagine that in this case the supplier might default to the organisation that generated the sales records.

You can also automate it to the point that it will automatically import a file if it is placed in your specified input folder.

Download and try it (see https://www.transpost.com.au). It is free for 30 days.

Kind Regards

Julia Roberts
TransPost Support

Phone: 1300 768 993 (or from NZ +61 3 9889 3817)
Email: support@transpost.com.au

Web: https://www.transpost.com.au

KMS
4 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

Thanks Julia, I will take a look.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post