PracMan
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Incorrect amount paid for a purchase

Hi Guys

My purchase was for $348.87 which I entered in purchases, now I see from the bank statement I paid $349.87, if I enter this as a bill paid it tells me it cannot record as the account is unbalanced, it tries to put the overpaid dollar against a finance charge but this isn't correct.  How to put it right please?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,772 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

20772Posts

2304Kudos

2892Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Incorrect amount paid for a purchase

Hi @PracMan

What was the actual total price on that original Bill i.e. the one from the supplier? 

If you have paid the correct amount but have recorded the incorrect amount for the Bill in AccountRight you would need to go into that purchase and increase the Bill amount i.e. add a new line or change an amount to give you the correct amount. This way when you go to Pay Bills the amount of the Bill will be the same amount paid and they will match.

If you have entered the correct amount for the Bill in AccountRight but you have paid an incorrectly amount i.e. due to a user banking error you would be looking at doing an overpayment on that Bill. To do this go to Pay Bills>>Select the Supplier>>Enter in the amount you actually received into Amount and Amount Applied columns (might need to overtype the Amount Applied value). This should make the Total Applied and Total Paid values the same and therefore no finance charge/out of balance will be shown. Once that Pay Bills transaction has been recorded you would be free to match it to the bank feed using the Find option. 

That overpayment on the Pay Bills window will also create a debit note which can be seen in the Purchases>>Purchase Register>>Retuns & Debits tab - so you can receive a refund or apply to another Bill - as needed.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Experienced Cover User PracMan
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User
PracMan
Experienced Cover User

12Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Incorrect amount paid for a purchase

Hi Steven

Thank you so much, It was the second issue in your reply and it worked a treat, I can now move on.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post