Inventory cost problem

Experienced Cover User C_Andrea
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Solved: Go to Solution

Inventory cost problem

Hi, 

I have an item that is a componant, that is showing a standard cost under the buying details, but when I check the price of the item in an autobuild it is coming up as zero. 

I am trying to get an accurate figure of the cost of the autobuild item but as several of the components are not feeding through their cost, it is not accurate. 

I was wondering if it was several years since we bought the item would that be the reason?

Is there a way I can force it to feed through the price?

Thanks 

Andrea

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
18,854 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Inventory cost problem

Hi @C_Andrea

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

The component cost of an item that is going into an autobuild item is the average cost of that item, it will not use the Standard Cost of that item. The average cost of that item can be seen in the item's Profile tab and is calculated by taking the current value divided by the quantity on hand.

So in your case as you are getting $0.00 showing for the cost of the item on the auto build it does indicate that the average cost of that item is $0.00. If you did want to have a value, you would need to have an average cost of that item, which generally comes from recording a purchase or adjust inventory to include a value into stock

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Experienced Cover User C_Andrea
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Re: Inventory cost problem

Thank you

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or