Australia
TGiangLTA
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Minimal permission for MYOB email address for intray

Hi team,

We would like to upload supplier invoices via emailing "bills@accountright.myob.com.au". I understand the From email address must be registered to our company as an account. We would like to give this account minimal permission/ rights i.e. just sufficient permissions to upload to Intray and nothing else.

Could you please advise the permission/ right level for this account?

Thank you, Tristan

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Tallie_M
4,224 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Tallie_M
MYOB Moderator

4224Posts

278Kudos

661Solutions

Re: Minimal permission for MYOB email address for intray

Hi @TGiangLTA,

You'll be looking at setting up a user account with restricted access across all command centers. To do this, go to Setup > User Access > New. Enter in a username, and the e-mail address you intend to use to upload files to In Tray. Also ensure the 'This user will sign on with a my.MYOB account' option is selected, and tick one of the roles under Company file roles (it can be any e.g. Cards - this is just because the software won't allow you to go to the Manage Roles tab unless you've selected at least one role for the user).

Go over to the Manage Roles tab (you'll be prompted to save changes for the user - click Yes), right-click on any one of the roles on the lefthand side > Duplicate Role. Rename the duplicated role to something that will allow you to identify it (to avoid confusion in the future). Click into that role, and make sure that none of the access privileges are selected (i.e. this role should have no ticks - see below for a screenshot).

restricted.png

Once you've done that, switch back to the Manage Users tab. You'll be prompted to save the changes - click Yes. Then highlight the user you just created, deselect the role you intially had selected for them (e.g. Cards), and tick the role you just created (in my example above, that would be the 'Restricted Access' role). You can then save the changes.

We'd encourage you to test this to ensure it's worked properly - if you go to File > Switch Company File User and type in the username of the user you just created, it should take you to your company file but with all the command centers greyed out (so they can't click on anything).

I've also listed a few help pages below that you may find useful:

Add a user

Set up roles

Hope this helps!

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post