Paid supplier twice via "spend money"

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Highlighted
Kelly74
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Kelly74
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Paid supplier twice via "spend money"

I have accidentially paid a supplier twice via "Spend Money". How do I correct this to show that the supplier has now credited my account for the sum of $3500.28. This will of effect my BAS for the October/Dec quarter as well.

In addition I also have the next invoice from the supplier, leaving a $240.48CR on the statement.

Please help me adjust this to reflect the incident.

Thank you  - Kelly

1 REPLY
Ultimate Partner The_Doc
835 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner

835Posts

122Kudos

119Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Paid supplier twice via "spend money"

Hi @Kelly74

Reverse that 'Spend money' [don't delete] - goto preferences - select Reverse not delete 

Find the entry and reverse - change the date to 31/12/15 so it wont affect BAS as BAS for that period due end if Feb.

Record

Goto Renconcile - find the entry - turnoff  - Reversal [in poreferences 1st] - select entry and change the account it came out of [ie the bank account ] - to a cash account/petty cash or similar in Assets. It will be a -ve $xxxx

Now goto the supllier under purchases and pay their latest invoice from that account for the the amount - all will be balanced and your BAS will not be affected as you will have GST debit with the double up and a GST credit to reverse it in the Oct-Dec period.

The Doc

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post