Possible Glitch Found - Customer Card says they have credit when they don't

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Mitchel_01
4 Posts
Cover User
Mitchel_01
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Possible Glitch Found - Customer Card says they have credit when they don't

So the problem I'm having is; one of my customer cards says that their current balance is -$22.00. Meaning they're $22 in credit. However, I cannot find a trace of the credit anywhere. When I go into the sales register and select 'returns and credits' they are not listed there. When I view all their transaction history in the 'Find Tranactions>Card' tab, it all adds up to a zero balance. When I create a new invoice for the customer for $22.00 and then open their account in the 'recieve payments' tab it does not give me an option to apply the supposed credit to the open invoice. As far as I can tell, the fact that the Card File is showing a credit is a glitch. Can I please have some assistance.

Thanks,

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,587 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21587Posts

2420Kudos

3043Solutions

Re: Possible Glitch Found - Customer Card says they have credit when they don't

Hi @Mitchel_01

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Generally when a customer is in credit you would be able to see a credit note for that particular customer in the Sales>>Sales Register>>Returns and Credits tab. You can then apply that credit to an invoice or pay a refund on it.

If you are not showing a credit note in the Sales Register I would be looking to see if you have a partially delete financial charge. AccountRight v19 Support Note: Finding and deleting or reversing a finance charge would be able to assist with that process.

If you are unable to find that origin of the credit can you confirm the following information:

• What version of the program are you currently running? - Help>>AccountRight
  • If on AccountRight 201x, have you ever used that file with the AccountRight Classic range i.e. v19?
  • If you run the Receivable Reconciliation report (located in Reports>>Sales) does it show an Out of Balance of the same amount if you run it for the date of 31/12/9998?

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post