Highlighted
dshpl204
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Solved: Go to Solution

Sent Emails

Hello,

All of a sudden my emails sent from MYOB via Outlook are not appearing in my sent items folder. Have checked all settings both within MYOB and Outlook and have not been able to rectify.

Can someone help me with this?  Is there something I am missing?  Strange that they were appearing some weeks ago but all of a sudden not now.  Emails sent directly from Outlook appear but none when sent from MYOB.

Many thanks,

Susan

7 REPLIES
dshpl204
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Emails/sent items

Hello,

All of a sudden my emails sent from MYOB via Outlook are not appearing in my sent items folder. Have checked all settings both within MYOB and Outlook and have not been able to rectify.

Can someone help me with this?  Is there something I am missing?  Strange that they were appearing some weeks ago but all of a sudden not now.  Emails sent directly from Outlook appear but none when sent from MYOB.

Many thanks,

Susan

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
5,945 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Sent Emails

Hi @dshpl204,

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge.

I'm wondering if you are using the online email function in AccountRight, to send emails directly from AccountRight? You can check that via Setup > Preferences > Emailing, is the option 'Send emails using AccountRight' ticked? 

If so, the emails are sent by AccountRight instead of Outlook, therefore, they'll not appear in Outlook then. 

If you don't email using AccountRight, and Outlook is the default email program on your computer, then please check if those emails were sent successfully.

Please do let us know how it goes for you.

Kind regards,
Clover
MYOB Client Support
dshpl204
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Thanks for the tip.  Problem solved.

Experienced Cover User Flanco
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have a similar problem.

We have two businesses that run on MYOB - the original business sends emails and they appear in my outlook sent folders perfectly.  The second business that was added to our original myob account as a second file gives me all sorts of grief - there is no record anywhere (either outlook or Accountright) of the emails being sent and the bank feeds don't work on the second account either.

I have found this second myob account file to be completely troublesome - seems the only option is to buy two separate file accounts rather than trying to use the capability that myob advertises of having 2 files on the one account...

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
4,464 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

HI @Flanco

Are you able to clarify a couple of things so that we can assist you in getting these issues resolved?

With this second business, do you have the preference ticked to use AccountRight to send emails or not? If it isn’t ticked are you able to tick the option to use AccountRight to send emails and try sending a test email to yourself to see if it arrives and shows up?

Are you able to clarify the issues you are having with regards to the bank feeds? As the bank feeds are specific to each file, if you have applied for bank feeds on only one of the two company files only that file will receive the bank feeds. To get bank feeds on the second file you will need to apply for them.

In addition, its worth pointing out that if a bank account is setup to be a bank feed on one company file it is not able to be linked to a bank feed on another AccountRight company file.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Experienced Cover User Flanco
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have tried with both the Accountright email option unticked (so that I should see in my Outlook sent items) and also with it ticked (so that I should see within the Accountright sent items).  Neither option worked.

Yes, I have bank feeds successfully working on my original business file.

Yes, I have applied for bank feeds on the second business file (they didn't appear so I have since cancelled so that I can try the process again at some point but I haven't got to it yet).

Can you clarify re "accounts" being available on only one bank feed file?  We have totally separate bank accounts for each business but I log on to the bank with just one log in (in this case Westpac - I log in as a customer and then am able to access accounts for both businesses by switchiing between the two) - would this prevent bank feeds from working?

Thanks

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
4,464 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Flanco

That is rather odd, as if the emails are being sent through AccountRight it would be expected to appear. The test email that was mentioned in my previous post, was that received or not? If that email didn’t arrive are you able to try using one of the system default forms, such as the Plain Paper Invoice, to see if that arrives?

By accounts being available only on one bank feed I mean exactly that, for example if you have a bank account that account can only be setup to be used on one bank feed. So if each company has its own separate bank account then there should be no reason why the two separate accounts couldn’t be linked to two separate bank feeds.

I am not aware of any reason why a single bank log in should impact the availability of bank feeds. In saying that Westpac may have their own policies that impact on the availability of bank feeds of different accounts under a single login.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post