Australia
Em_cranky
Cover User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Tax code changed

Hello,

When entering data yesterday I noticed that my Consumables was coming up with a tax code of NT.  When I looked into this further I noticed that all my Cost of Sales accounts had changed to NT instead of GST.  How or why did this happen? Was there a problem with the last update?

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,834 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

20834Posts

2312Kudos

2904Solutions

Re: Tax code changed

Hi @Em_cranky

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

A change was made with the AccountRight 2017.1 release in terms of tax codes for accounts. Previously any new accounts created would have a pre-defined tax code based on the type of account it was. With the release of AccountRight 2017.1, the pre-defined tax codes are no longer included and a user would be required to select a tax code for creating a new account. This update only affects new account codes created, existing accounts should have the original tax code selected on the account.

In terms of your enquiry, personally, I am not aware of any issues or reports of the upgrade affecting the tax codes on an account or series of accounts. 

With that being said the best way to correct it going forward would be to look at changing the account manually or if it is a series of accounts exporting out the accounts, updating the tax code in the relevant file and then importing those accounts back in. Help Article: Bulk updating customer and supplier cards would show the process for cards but the premise is the same for accounts.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post