Trusted Partner
Australia
Vincent
Trusted Partner

105Posts

0Kudos

9Solutions

Unprinted Receipts and Cheques

We have heaps of unprinted receipts and cheques accumlated over the past 4 years but never got to clear them.  Can someone advise how can we clear them from the system in bulk without going in printing them one by one?

Regards,

Vincent

3 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,045 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4045Posts

2841Kudos

631Solutions

Re: Unprinted Receipts and Cheques

@Vincent

In days of yore when space was a real problem all of this sort of junk really slowed a file down. You probably know better than me if it still has that effect. It's my belief that above a certain figure these odd bits of information fragment the file. On almost every command centre there are things like cheque, paycheque, payslip, remittance advices, receipts that MYOB creates automatically, in case you want to use them.

Print them to a Desktop file called delete using a PDF printer, when your done, head it to the rubbish.  

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Trusted Partner Vincent
105 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Vincent
Trusted Partner

105Posts

0Kudos

9Solutions

Thank you for  your advice.  This is what I have been doing, but the problem is that I need to print one at a time.  I tried bulk select but it only cleared the first one ticked.

Vincent

Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,045 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4045Posts

2841Kudos

631Solutions

@Vincent

That has not been my experience. When the review (e.g) cheques screen opens, click the select all button at the top left or select multiple cheques from those listed then press print. On a file that has never been properly maintained you can sit there watching the numbers scroll as they go from file to printer. Once done it is worth doing Optimize and Verify as these defragment the file and ensure that all of the links are correct.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post