Correcting Superannuation Payment that has bounced back and SMSF issue on reversal

Contributing Cover User Amanda3456
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Amanda3456
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Correcting Superannuation Payment that has bounced back and SMSF issue on reversal

Hi, 

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

I have a situation related to the April to June 2017 superannuation of $9,258.49 that was paid on the 20th July 2017. This was paid using V19 MYOB and since this we have upgraded the MYOb to the current version. This MYOB version doesnt show the "manage payments" detail for any super payments prior to Oct 2017. 

One employees super of $1,482 bounced back in August 2017. At the time the employer wasn't sure who it was for or the correct details so it was just allocated to a liability account to deal with later. 

Now the employee has finally gotten back to me with the correct details and i have tried to follow the returned super process.  i have found the original transaction but I can't get passed the 1st step of reversing the payment as i have a self managed super fund (this is not the super that bounced back) which comes up with the following error "You only have a prefered name set up for this super fund. You need to set the Fund Name and SPIN/USI". I have check the fund setup and it looks correct to me and there is no SPIN or USI, i have entered the ABN and bank details and even previously made payment in October to this superfund through the pay super function just fine.

I just want to reprocess the original bounce back of $1,482 for April - June but there is nothing showing in my pay liabilities or pay super to make this payment. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how i can process this reveral?

Thanks 

Amanda

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,432 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
CloverQ
MYOB Moderator

6432Posts

412Kudos

1033Solutions

Re: Correcting Superannuation Payment that has bounced back and SMSF issue on reversal

Hi @Amanda3456,

The error message suggests the set up for this SMSF is incorrect in AccountRight. I would suggest going to Lists > Superannuation fund, drill into this fund and double check the 'Type' selected. Please make sure the type is set to SMSF, not Standard. Then make sure the relevant fields are completed for this fund.

Once done, try recording the reversal again, it shall check through the list again. I do suggest backing up the company file before recording the reversal and proceed further, just in case.

Please do let us know how you go. 

Kind regards,
Clover
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post