Difference Payroll Activity (equals payroll journal) differs from Payroll Register( equals payroll summary)

Contributing User Acaa
5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Acaa
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Difference Payroll Activity (equals payroll journal) differs from Payroll Register( equals payroll summary)

Hi,

I am taking over from someone who has allready left and am trying to reconcile superannuation expense in from the payroll reports for the last quarter ( Oct - Dec). I have identified the month which is inconsistent (Nov) and the employee.

The amount in the payroll summary equals the amount in the payroll register - $21,891.78

The amount in the payroll journal equals the amount in the payroll activity summary - $21,995.52. This amount is correct as it ties to the payments made in the General Cheque Account (1 payment) and the Electronic Clearing Account ( 3 payments).

How do I rectify this? 

The amounts in the PL and BS are also wrong. The multi period BS shows a cumulative amount for each month. This is inconsistent with last month, where each month displayed each month amount.

OctoberNovemberDecemberTotal
Balance Sheet   6,491.23   14,071.19   21,995.52   42,557.94
PayrollActivity   6,491.23     7,579.96     7,924.33   21,995.52
Difference                -       6,491.23   14,071.19 

The PL amount for December differs from the BS amount as shown below. How do I rectify this?

OctoberNovemberDecemberTotal
Profi and Loss   6,491.23   14,071.19   15,554.29   36,116.71
Balance Sheet   6,491.23   14,071.19   21,995.52   78,674.65

Regards,

Pam

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,573 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21573Posts

2419Kudos

3041Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Difference Payroll Activity (equals payroll journal) differs from Payroll Register( equals payroll summary)

Hi @Acaa

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

When you go to Reports>>Payroll>>Employees you have two sets of reports - Activity Summary (or Detail) and Register Summary (or Detail). 

• The Activity reports are pulled from the actual payroll transactions
  • The Register reports will look at the employee's pay history - Employee's card>>Select the Payroll Details tab>>Pay History (left-hand side). This would be where the payment summaries will pull its information from at the end of the year.

If you are finding that there is a difference in these values you would be looking at running the reports on a month by month basis to determine when the difference occurred. Once you have worked out what month the difference occurs, you can go to the Pay History for that employee(s) and change back the values to match what was recorded for pays (i.e. the Payroll Activity).  When that difference has been addressed the Payroll Activity reports should match the Payroll Register reports.

In terms of the differences in the Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss reports, I would be reviewing the Account Transactions (Accrual) report or General Ledger (Detail) for the required accounts and period. It will show you the transactions associated with those accounts so you can review the transactions and impact on the account balance. 

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Contributing User Acaa
5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Acaa
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Difference Payroll Activity (equals payroll journal) differs from Payroll Register( equals payroll summary)

Thank you Steven.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post