GCCIS
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Different job numbers for one payroll employee

Hi

We are a community organisation who receives funding from different government departments.  I have on employee who is paid from two areas of funding.  These areas have their own job numbers as they reflect two different programs we run.  

When setting up her standard pay how do I choose the two different Job numbers so the expenses are reflected in the two job numbers in the P & L's.

I am using MYOB Accountright 2017

5 REPLIES
GCCIS
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
GCCIS
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Allocating multiple job numbers to one employee

I have employees who work two different positions/programs within our organisation and are therefore on two different rates of pay and each program has it's job number.  When setting up their employee cards > standard pay, as the PAYG and super is based on both job numbers how do I reflect this in the recording as I am unable to select both job numbers?  This means that the expense will only be allocated to one job number and not give a true Job P & L.  

Any help with this please?

Super Partner GDay53
450 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
GDay53
Super Partner

450Posts

517Kudos

80Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Different job numbers for one payroll employee

@GCCIS

First off is she paid the same hourly rate for both of the jobs? If she is paid at different rates then you will need to have different wage categories for each of the rates.

When you record her pay use the timesheets and enter the wage catergory, then each job number and the hours worked on each job daily.

When you run the payslip from the timesheets MYOB will place the amounts against each job accordingly.

Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,081 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21081Posts

2353Kudos

2946Solutions

Hi @GCCIS

Just in addition to @GDay53 post, AccountRight allows for the user to set only one job per wage category for an employee's standard pay.

If you are required to have the cost of the employee's wages split across multiple jobs you would either

• have two wage categories set up for the employee (with the different job selected for each category) OR,
  • when processing the pay select the drop-down arrow for the job amount in the Pay Employee window to split the pay between multiple jobs.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
GCCIS
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
GCCIS
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

Thank you.  Yes she is paid the same rate under the different job numbers - so I guess I'll have to allocate the job number to the relevant days/hours through using timesheets.  However I don't know how it works in splitting the PAYG and Super between the two job numbers as both jobs are funded by different sources which makes it very complex.

Super Partner GDay53
450 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
GDay53
Super Partner

450Posts

517Kudos

80Solutions

@@GCCIS

Unfortunately there is no way for MYOB to split the Super.

You can split the Wages by creating a wage catergory and overiding the linked account number and linking it to a different account number.

There would be no need to split PAYG.

What I would suggest is to set up the Wages section of you Chart of Accounts so that you have two areas one for each job each area having their own Wages and Superannuation accounts.

In the Setup Linked accounts, set the link for the wages account to one of these two job wages account.

The Super can only be set to one.

Then for the wages create a Wage Catergory that is linked to the second jobs wage account.

At the end of each month, or as often as you need to report, work of the percentage of time worked at each job and process journal entry to take that % out of the Linked Suoer account and move it to the second super account.

That way you will have a seperate set of wage and super accounts for each job so your reporting will show the correct amounts for each job.

Super to one of the two different jobs accounts (you can only link to one set of accounts) hat every month work out the percentage the your employee has worked on each job and then do a journal entry to

Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post