Emailing payslips AccountRight Plus ver 19.14

Contributing Cover User HappyJohns
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Emailing payslips AccountRight Plus ver 19.14

I am running MYOB Plus 19.14.0 Windows 10 (just recentely had a windows update update, "Security Update for Microsoft Outlook 2010 (KB4011196) 64-Bit Edition") Outlook 2010 64 bit.I have always been able to send my payslips via outlook. However today I cannot send any emails & I get the follwoing error.

"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. please run miscrosoft outlook and set as the defaualt mail client."

And yes outlook is the default mail client.

Please help as i need to complete my payroll.

thanks

Rob

6 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Tallie_M
4,111 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Re: Emailing payslips AccountRight Plus ver 19.14

Hi @HappyJohns,

The error message you encountered doesn't sound like one specific to AccountRight - instead, it sounds like an Outlook error that can generally occur due to a corrupted Outlook registry key.

This Microsoft help page "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging requ... error message when you send e-mail from third-party program in Outlook steps you through resolving this issue.

Just as an added note - AccountRight is not officially considered compatible with Outlook 64-bit programs. Generally, we only recommend using our software with 32-bit version of Outlook as this is what has been tested by our product development team. As you have noted, this doesn't mean that it won't work with the 64-bit version, however, as we haven't tested the two programs together, we aren't able to provide technical support in the event you do encounter problems.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Thank you for your reply.

The error is not in outlook or a corrupted registry key. Outlook is performing normal, sending/receiving emails etc. I have run the repair on outlook' registry key in case there was some subtle corruption but it had no effect on the problem within MYOB.

If you read the microsoft notification, KB4011196, on the recent update it indicates that Microsoft has blocked MYOB's access to their app.

Regards,

Rob

9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hi,

Any solutions to my email problem? 

Please reply.

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,123 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Hi @HappyJohns,

It is as Tallie mentioned, AccountRight is only competible with the 32-bit version of Outlook. The 64-bit version of Outlook is not supported with AccountRight, this error will occur. Please do install the 32-bit version then try again. 

Please feel free to view our Online Help article for more details:

"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging requ...

Kind regards,
Clover
MYOB Client Support
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Thank you for your reply.

As discussed in the previous posts my 64 bit machine (hardware & software) has been operating outlook & MYOB for more than 8 years. So now you wish me to change my sofware for your error!

You still have not acknowledged the outlook update that has caused it all. 

A not very happy customer

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,123 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Hi @HappyJohns,

Sorry to hear you feel this way, I can see maybe there is some misunderstanding here. 

I understand you are using 64-bit of Windows, you can still install 32-bit applications. In fact, Microsoft recommend using the 32-bit version of Office for most users, as it is more compatible with most other applications. 

When you purchase Office, you are entitled to use either the 64-bit version, or the 32-bit version. According to Microsoft, the 32-bit version is installed by default, even on 64-bit Windows operating systems. 

On top of that, AccountRight is only compatible with the 32-bit version of Microsoft Office, it is displayed on our System Requirement page. Therefore, we do not monitor how AccountRight would behave with the 64-bit of Outlook, or what's included in the 64-bit Outlook updates. 

Therefore, in order to have Outlook working properly with AccountRight, please do install the compatible version of Outlook. If there is any particular reason that you have to use the 64-bit version of Office, then you can try roll back the update, since it was working for you until the update. 

Kind regards,
Clover
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post