Australia
Rukshi
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Leave Entitlement Balance

If holiday leave entitlement balance to be paid for an emplyee, how can I get the entitlement balance? Entitlement balance report does not show the balance as at today(Pay period). It shows upto the last week pay period. How do I get the correct entitlement balance?

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,481 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5481Posts

528Kudos

741Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Leave Entitlement Balance

Hi @Rukshi

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

Within AccountRight, the entitlement balances on an employee card and the entitlement reports only update when a payroll transaction has been recorded. If you know how much entitlement the employee gets in a pay run, then you could run the entitlement reports and take the current balance and add to it what the employee receives on a regular basis. This would give you a current balance of the employee’s entitlement.

If the employee’s entitlement is tied to the number of hours that they work, then you would have to make an educated guess based of the amount of the entitlement that they are likely to receive. Once you know this then you can add this to the balance within the entitlement reports so that you have a good idea of what the employee’s current balance of the entitlement is prior to running a pay run transaction.

Please do feel free to post any other questions that you may have

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Rukshi
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Rukshi
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Neil! 

Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,052 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4052Posts

2844Kudos

632Solutions

@Rukshi@Neil_M

The only time that I can think of when leave balance must be paid out is on termination. If this is the case then the termination the termination pay should be done after the final hourly salary pay. There are different settings to be used on termination pays so that Unused Holiday pay is recognised and reduces the Holiday Accrual.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post