Leave Entitlement Balances - Card Balance Difference

Maricel
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Hi,

We have in the company 3 employees entitled to five (5) weeks and 1 employee entitled to six (6) weeks paid annual leave, with leave loading paid on four (4) weeks leave. I tried to detailed this in the employees card, splitting the balance for the A/L with loading and A/L without loading, as everything was in one category. So, I created an entitlement: accrual A/L (for the 4 weeks) and I have created another one as Accrual leave extra 1 and 2 weeks (for the extra weeks). Once I created the categories, I reclasified the balance in the respective category, but now the card balance and the hours from pay does not match.

How can I fix the card balance to reflect the correct hours for these employees and the difference to be 0 (zero)?

2 REPLIES
Maricel
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Hi,

We have in the company 3 employees entitled to five (5) weeks and 1 employee entitled to six (6) weeks paid annual leave, with leave loading paid on four (4) weeks leave. I tried to detailed this in the employees card, splitting the balance for the A/L with loading and A/L without loading, as everything was in one category. So, I created an entitlement: accrual A/L (for the 4 weeks) and I have created another one as Accrual leave extra 1 and 2 weeks (for the extra weeks). Once I created the categories, I reclasified the balance in the respective category, but now the card balance and the hours from pay does not match.

How can I fix the card balance to reflect the correct hours for these employees and the difference to be 0 (zero)?

Ultimate Partner ronatbas
3,749 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Re: Leave Entitlement Balances - Card Balance Difference

@Maricel

We learnt this the hard way years ago when an employee of a client negotiated 6 weeks leave. We set up the new accrual and linked it to Holiday pay. It was all looking good until someone took leave and then it went haywire.

You need to set up not only the 6 weeks accrual but it must be linked to a new wages category Holiday Pay 6 weeks with appropriate links. In your case you will finish up with three accruals and three holiday pay categories.

HLL presents a different problem - you could accrue it, but that is no guarantee that you are not going to overpay on this. Many large organizations pay HLL annually as a one off payment that does not relate to leave taken.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post