Highlighted
Contributing Cover User ConnieChen
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Solved: Go to Solution

PAYG Payment summary for working holiday maker

Hi,

We are currently using AccountRight Premier v19.13 and we have an employee who is working holiday maker. According to ATO, we need to indicate 'H' on his payment summary in the 'gross payment type' box. But I cannot find the gross payment type in our MYOB's payment summary. Please advise how to fix this problem.

Thanks!

Connie

10 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner Julie_A_C
3,020 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: PAYG Payment summary for working holiday maker

Hi @ConnieChen, @ronatbas

You need to wait for the latest version) which will be 19.14.

Once this is released in the next few weeks, you then upgrade your file and change the tax rate being used for WHM people to that tax rate.

This will then put a H in their box for payments made after 1/1/17.

How the system gets to chose who are who is up to how who did a card set up.

For myself and due to names of my employees we have a system going where they tell me their 'Australian' name.  This is what I then record as their card ID.

Once all this 'cra?' happened I then changed the card ID for old and new employees to their aussie name with the number 1 added. That way I knew they were after 1/1/17.

I can now search all my employee card ids for 1 and will  then change their taxing scale to WHM once i get the update.

This  will then ensure that payments to them after 1/1/17 are marked with a H.

The big thing is though whether you made payments prior to this date which need need to issued on a separate summary and marked with a letter S.

Why it is marked with a letter S is anyone's guess, as far as I can see on the ATO site, it doesn't need anything marked here if it is not a WHM worker, but from my latest payment summaries run in the 2017 version it shows S.

I recently lodged an empdupe file with the ATO that has the letter S on it for Australian Residents and as yet have got no non compliance advice so I am assuming that all is going to be okay.

Julie Carter AIPA, BBus(Acctg),
MYOB Professional Partner, Registered BAS Service Provider
Associate Member of Institute of Public Accountants
Member Association of Accounting Technicians
ph: 0417 927 654 email: accuratebooks7@gmail.com
JAC' of All Trades Bookkeeping (Servicing from Leederville to Pinjarra, Fremantle to Armadale WA)
Contributing Cover User ConnieChen
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hi Julie,

Thanks very much!

Cheers,

Connie

Ultimate User gavin12345
1,487 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia

Hi @Julie_A_C

Just to clarify about the 'S' - this stands for Salary & Wages and has always been the MYOB default option. Every EMPDUPE file for the past 10 years generated by MYOB has an S for this field - even though it was never previously required on the Payment Summary. The box was added for the 2016/17 payment summaries as part of the working holiday maker changes.

This (see below) is from the latest ATO Payment Summary Specs (5.3.0) originally required for 2016/17, now only required if the employee was a Working Holiday Maker. 2017/18 Payment Summaries will require a H, P or S.

snap3.jpg

Regards

Gavin

Ultimate Partner Julie_A_C
3,020 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Hi @gavin12345

At least I now know what the S means.

I have never had to actually open the empdupe file as they were always compliant and I could just lodge them, and the S never showed on actual payment summaries issued to the employees.

I never even considered S for salary/wages, I was more thinking A for Australian, R for Resident or something on those lines.

Smiley Mad

Julie Carter AIPA, BBus(Acctg),
MYOB Professional Partner, Registered BAS Service Provider
Associate Member of Institute of Public Accountants
Member Association of Accounting Technicians
ph: 0417 927 654 email: accuratebooks7@gmail.com
JAC' of All Trades Bookkeeping (Servicing from Leederville to Pinjarra, Fremantle to Armadale WA)
Contributing Cover User Anns
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hi

can you please tell me if Account Edge will also get this upgrade to include H for working holiday makers? At the moment v16 does not. Thanks

Ann

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,079 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Hi @Anns,

Yes, the working holiday makers change will be covered by the compliance update for AccountEdge, which will be v16.5. 

It will be a staggered release similar to AccountRight v19.14, if everything goes according to plan, the release will commence next week. 

Hope this helps. 

Kind regards,
Clover
MYOB Client Support
Contributing User Maria_S
10 Posts
Contributing User
Australia

Hi Julie,

Our MYOB system is 19.13.  How to upgrade it  to 19.14 version?

Do you have link for updating the system and the  requirement for Worker Holiday Payment Summaries ?

Thank you.

Regards,

Maria Syani

MYOB Staff Post LeightonJ
588 Posts
MYOB Staff Post

Hi @Maria_S,

The version 19.14 is only available to MYOB Certified Partners for testing until further notice while we finalise the update for everyone hence you will not have this version available to you yet. For now, we will have to wait for a roll out date.

If you require further assistance, please don't hesitate to post in the community forum.

Kind regards,
Leighton
Client Support Representative

Is this a Solution?
Mark this as an Accepted Solution
Helpful? Leave a kudos to tell others

CYJ
2 Posts
User

hi Gavin, i don't know where your screen shot come from as the one i found from back of 2017 new PAYG Payment Summary for individual non-business is showing as below

2017 PAYG Payment Summary - Gross payment type.png

It says if not 'P' or 'H' leave it blank. i have spoken to MYOB it seems like this is standard thing they do and should not have any problem when we lodge it to ATO.

Regards

Estelle

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post