Payroll dedictions

2 Posts
Cover User

Payroll dedictions


I have an employee who borrowed from me personally $100 and want to pay me back over two pays at $50 per pay. 

Can you advise how I do this? 


Super Partner GDay53
326 Posts
Super Partner

Re: Payroll dedictions



If this is a purely personal loan to the employee from you - then it should not appear anywhere in you business accounts.

If it was a loan from the business then you should set up a loan account and then the deduction linked to the loan account for the repayments.

Check out the support notes:

MYOB Moderator JakeN
571 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Re: Payroll dedictions

Hi @Ginny,

I would recommend setting up a deduction that you can use for the next two periods. Then once it has been paid you just unlink the deduction form that employees card.


To help with setting up a deduction please have a look at this support article, Deductions (click here to open in a new tab).

Kind regards,
MYOB Partner/Social Support

Is this a Solution?
Mark this as an Accepted Solution
Helpful? Leave a kudos to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post