Payroll tax

KBPMCW
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Payroll tax

Hi Team

How do entities handle multi-state payroll tax reporting in MYOB AccountRight?

Can you please assist?

Cheers

Karen

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,819 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Payroll tax

Hi @KBPMCW

AccountRight will only allow the user to set up one state for State or Territory payroll tax. This can be done using the Setup>>General Payroll Information>>Set Up Payroll Tax.

If multiple states are required to be reported the only way I can see you reporting on that second state would be to run the Payroll Tax report for the first state with the required setup, change the state (and possibly the setup) and then run the report a second time for the second state.

Other users in the MYOB Community may have other ways of dealing with payroll tax in multiple states but that is the only way I can see that occurring in the current version of the software.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
KBPMCW
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Re: Payroll tax

Thank you for responding Steven_M - I think we will have to use another field or function to pull the data out to enable the statutory reporting to be completed rather than rely on MYOB to complete the payroll tax calculations.

Is there any field or function you could suggest how we could tag each employee to a state and enable us to pull out the data and analyse it quickly and easily to enable us to report on the different state obligations?

Anyone in the MYOB Community had any experience with this?  There must be other entities operating across multiple states?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Karen

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post