Re: 2017/18 tax table

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User Julie-1954
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Solved: Go to Solution

I have downloaded the new tax tables, but they are incorrect.  well when comparing it to the new weekly tax table I downloaded from the ATo site.   eg.  tax on my casual staff $491 weekly wage was $45 in MYOB, but according to the weekly tax table, it should only be $34.   Can someone please help me out here?  Cheers

12 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,819 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Julie-1954

In regards to the employee's payroll tax are you able to confirm the below information so we can investigate further for you:

• The tax table revision date you are on? Setup>>General Payroll Information
  • The version of the program you are on? Help>>About AccountRight
  • Which tax table the employee is on and include any total rebates/extra tax amounts? Card File>>Cards Lists>>Select the employee's card>>Select the Payroll details tab>>Select Taxes on the left-hand side.
  • What pay frequency the employee is on? Card File>>Cards Lists>>Select the employee's card>>Select the Payroll details tab>>Select Wages on the left-hand side
  • What is the gross amount of the pay?
  • Is that gross amount split over multiple payroll categories i.e. Base Hourly and Holiday Pay?

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hi Steven,

I am on myob Account right plus 2017.1.1.    I downloaded the new tax tables yesterday 1/7/2017 update.

I have 4 staff, who are all on an casual basis, paid by an hourly rate.   Pay varies every week of course.

wageswagestax rate is currenttax rate is current

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,819 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Julie-1954

It looks like you are on the correct tax table revision date which is 01/07/2017. For us to investigate further we would need to the exact points raised in my previous post. 

The first screenshot of the Payroll Tax Information window relates to State or Territory tax which is different to PAYG.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hi Steven,

Oh.  I did change that to New South Wales.  And I dont know what it was before.  Sorry, looks like I have messed something up.  Can you tell me how to make it right please. 

Cheers,

Julie

8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hi Again Steven,

I dont understand your comment about the first screen shot.  What should I have there instead of New South Wales?    I am totally confused now. 

Cheers,

Julie

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,819 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Julie-1954

The Payroll Tax Information window would be required if you do need to file State or Territory tax your local Government body. Ideally, you should have your state (or territory) selected in that window and if you don't require to file that Payroll Tax then you shouldn't need to do anything else within that window.

As you are saying that the PAYG value is different we do need to look at the employee's cards and therefore need to look at the tax table the employee is on, what version of the program/tax tables you are on and what is the gross wages value for that employee's pay where it is calculating incorrectly. This way we can check the ATO website/calculators to see what values are getting generated to ensure that AccountRight is matching up.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hi Steven,

My employees are all on the 'tax free threshold'.   I have checked all employee cards/payroll details/taxes.   My version of tax tables is current as mentioned in previous msg.  I downloaded the new tax tables on Monday.   There is no Gross Wage value, as my girls are all casual and on an hourly rate.  Motel Cleaners.

I feel I have done everything I had to do.    The only reason I say it is wrong, is because I printed out the Weekly Tax table from the ATO site.  publication  NAT 1005-07-2017     This is the tax table I used to work off, before I used myob for my wages.

Hope this can help you solve my problem.

Cheers,

Julie

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,819 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Julie-1954

Just testing in my version of the program with a weekly employee on the tax-free threshold with a gross pay of $491 in AccountRight 2017.1.1 with a tax table revision date of 01/07/2017 the PAYG value of $34 appears. This is the same value reported on by the ATO's tax withheld calculator

Attachment.PNGAttachment2.PNG

Attachment.PNG

If you are showing a different value for PAYG I would recommend reviewing the settings for the card, in particular, the tax table the employee is on, the dollar value that the employee was paid, the tax table revision date the pays were done on. Also, ensure that the PAYG value was not overtyped when the pay was entered.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hi Steven,

I know I must be doing something wrong, but I have no idea what.  Sorry they are sideways.  Bit how im feeling atm with all this.   Smiley Embarassed Here are my pics.   JC pay screen 1.JPGJC pay screen 2.JPGJC pay screen 3.JPG

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post