Super payment made in error

Experienced Cover User C_Andrea
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Solved: Go to Solution

Super payment made in error

Hi, 

I accidently processed a super payment to the incorrect Super Corporation for one of my employees. 

I have found this link:

http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Reversing+and+reprocessing+superannuation+payments#expand-CanIr...

But in my version of MYOB - AccountRight Premier version 19.13 there isn't an option to manage payments or reverse Pay superannuation - only to delete it!

Help!

Thanks Andrea

6 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
4,746 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Super payment made in error

Hi Andrea ( @C_Andrea )

Thanks for your question.

If the contribution has already been lodged with and paid through the MYOB Super Portal then you will want to get in touch with the super fund in question to organise a refund coming through from them for the aforementioned contribution.

In terms of processing through AccountRight, you can either delete or reverse the superannuation payment. If you need to reverse it then you will have to make sure that under Setup >> Preferences >> Security >> Transactions can’t be changed they must be reversed preference is ticked. This will let you reverse the transaction as opposed to deleting it.

Deleting or reversing the superannuation payment will put those contributions back into the Save Super Contribution file window of your AccountRight, which will let you include them in another superannuation contribution file. For contributions that have been made successfully, they can be ticked and included in one super contribution file, that just gets deleted and not uploaded to the MYOB Super Portal

Do let us know how you get on with this,

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Thanks, I ended up doing two dummy payrolls - one to take the money out of the incorrect fund and one to put it into the correct one. Both payslips were a total of zero but it did the trick. I then did a one off individual payment to the correct superfund to clear it out and receipted the refund into the same account. 

Was a bit fiddly - had to do the dummy payrolls under the same date as the error - but all worked out in the end. 

19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Hi,

I am now having problems with one of the dummy payrolls that I did. The payroll amount was zero and it now keeps on coming up as an Unprocessed Electronic Transaction whenever I print out a journal of Electronic Transactions. Not sure how I can get rid of it?

Any ideas?

It doesn't come up when I search for unprocessed transactions but prints out whenever I print the journal.

Thanks Andrea

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
4,746 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

HI @C_Andrea

The prepare electronic payments window will only show you transactions that have a balance to be paid. As this is a transaction with a zero dollar amount it won’t show within the prepare electronic payments window as there is nothing to pay.

In contrast the unprocessed electronic payments reports shows transactions that have been assigned to be paid through the electronic payments account but have not been paid. Every transaction that is ticked and included within a bank file gets a small flag in the background to say that it has been paid. As you cannot select the transaction it will always appear on that report.

To remove it from that report you would have to delete the payroll transaction and reprocess it, but instead of paying the wage transaction using the prepare electronic payments and instead use a bank account.

Do let us know how you get on with this,

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Thanks Neil,

MYOB wouldn't let me delete the transaction so I had to reverse it and then do it again using the 'cheque' payment instead of the electronic payment payment.

I think it has worked - just have to check next time I have a payment to do.

Thanks for your help!

19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Hmmm, now I have two unprocessed transactions.

Think I will go back and delete all that I have done.

Smiley Sad

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post