Wages

AshleighFred
2 Posts
Cover User

Wages

How to change my mar wages in payroll to amount owing to director without affecting my super,PAYG and bank.

Only account code is changing. Please help
2 REPLIES
AshleighFred
2 Posts
Cover User

Wages adjustment

How to change my mar wages in payroll to amount owing to director without affecting my super,PAYG and bank.

Only account code is changing. Please help
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,839 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Wages

Hi @AshleighFred

Once a payroll transaction has been processed you are unable to make changes to the account coding of that transaction. If you do need to make changes you would be looking at deleting the transaction and reprocess correctly. You can delete a payroll transaction in AccountRight via selecting that transaction and going to Edit>>Delete Payroll transaction. Do note that you can't delete a payroll transaction in a previous payroll/financial year.

Alternatively, a quick workaround would be to record a journal entry to take the value off the incorrect correct and then move it into the correct account. You can create a journal entry via Accounts>>Record Journal Entry. You mentioned that the transaction you wanted to change was March, personally, I would recommend a journal entry as it occurred in a previous payroll year, however, there may be some impacts to the current financial year. As such I would recommend speaking to an Accountant in relation to the impact of recording that journal entry.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post