avivienu
Contributing Cover User

23Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

changing from casual to permanent part-time employment

Hi,

I need to change one of our employee employment status from casual to full time permanent (she has been with us for over 1 year).  How do I need to amend this on MYOB?  When she is causal - she was not entitled with annual leave or sick leave.  

Do I need to change the start date, so that her leaves entitlement will be calcualated as of the start of her full time employment?

Thanks,

Vivien

1 REPLY
Super Partner GDay53
407 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
GDay53
Super Partner

407Posts

491Kudos

75Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: changing from casual to permanent part-time employment

@avivienu

The first thing to do is to get your employee to fill in a new Tax File declaration Form.

Then open their card > Payroll Details tab - Personal Details on left  and change the Employment Category, Employment Status and Employment Clasification to the new settings. You do not change the Start date and do not enter a Termination date.

Continue down the left side to Wages and enter the new pay rate that will apply, and change the pay frequency if needed. Also unlick all Casual Wage categories and tick off all Wage Categories that now apply. Including Holiday and Personal Leave.

Down the left to Superannuation and just check that Super G'Tee is ticked and that you have all the information for the superfund entered.

Down left to Entitlements and tick off bot Holiday Leave Accrual and Personal Leave Accrual.

Down let to Deductions and if there are any that apply tick them off.

Down left to Taxes - use the new Tax file declaration Form to ensure the Tax File number is correct and the Tax Table is as nominated on the Tax File declartion form.

Down to Standard pay and if you are using Time Sheets make sure you zero the bas hourly.

Click ok to save changes.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post