working holiday maker pay summary 2017

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User Shirleyh
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Solved: Go to Solution

working holiday maker pay summary 2017

Does any one can help me with printing pay summary if a working holiday maker worked on different  visa?

example:  one same  employee  visa  holding as below:

09/2016- Dec 2016  working holiday visa  ( did not set a separate ID card after 1/1/2017)

01/2017-Feb 2017  working holiday visa  ( did not set a separate ID card after 1/1/2017 )

03/2017- later    student visa  

I did n't set up the separate ID card for same person and we pay PAYG on monthly. in this case, how many pay summary should I issue? two or three? how can I print separate payment summary? and how to report to ATO details for those emplayee 's  EOFY of PAYG annual report?

11 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
18,787 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: working holiday maker pay summary 2017

Hi @Shirleyh

Firstly I would recommend checking with the ATO in regards to how many payment summaries are required to be filed for that employee and their situation.

In terms of AccountRight, ideally from the 1st January you would have used a new card that people as they are working holiday maker. In your case that doesn't appear to have occurred so you what I would recommend you do is:

1. Run the Payroll>>Payroll>Activity Detail report for the 1st half of the payroll year 01/07- 31/12. This will provide you with the values that need to be reported one their first payment summary
  2. If they just need the two payment summaries rerun the report for the period of 01/01 - 30/06. This will provide you with the values that needed to be reported for the working holiday makers payment summary

If you need to provide three payment summaries you would run the split the report for the period when they were on a working on working holiday maker and another for when they were on another basis.
  3. Once you have those values, you need to create an employee card for the working holiday maker (and possibly another additional card).
  4. When that has been created you can go to Payroll>>Prepare Payment Summaries. At Step 7: Review the Payment Summaries you can select the arrow next to the employee's card. This will bring up the Employee Payment Summary Information. Within this window you can manually overtype the values,  so you can change the values to be for 01/06 - 31/12 for one card and 01/01 - 30/06 for the other. 

Please note that this process manually changes the values on payment summaries and should be taken with extreme caution. As the values you are manually entering are reflected on the payment summaries and to the ATO it is recommended that you double check the values - also get a colleague to check them as well.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hi Steven

thanks for very helpful solutions. I haven't do it yet and will do what your sugessed. 

May I have one futher question, we are using 2017.1 MYOB Right,  Can we  load new tax table before we do it? or should I need to set up new staff cards first? Is there any order to do it? Thanks again for helping.

Regards

Shirley

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
18,787 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Shirleyh

If you are on AccountRight 2017.1 you will need to load the tax tables for 01/01/2017 to get the working holiday maker tax tables. You can then assign these to the relevant employee's card (or new employee cards).

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hi  Steven

I had uploaded new tax table and starting setup new cards for those WHM emploees. now I meet a new question is what should be the termination date for each card? as I understand :

1.   old card I need to change to termination date to 31St Dec 2016 for get a payment summary from 1 JUL TO 31st Dec 16. 

2.   new card started from 1st Jan 2017 terminated on what date employee left or visa changed. same as if the 3rd card need to set. 

3.   if I set up as above, is it allow me to do it as some payment had  made under the old card? will lost any history records of this employee? also, if I set a second card with termination date, will I able to change the ammount manually on step 7 after?

Regards

Shirley

Kindy
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

@Steven_M

I have a client that is looking at doing what you suggest here, but our question is how does the H appear on the payment summaries using this method?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
18,787 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Shirleyh

Personally, I'm unsure what you do need to do in terms of the dates for working holding makers and the fact that they do need two payment summaries. That would be best discussed with the ATO.

In terms of the AccountRight software, if you do need to have the payment summaries show that they go up to x date you would need to add in that date as a termination date on the employee's card. Help Article: Prepare Payment Summaries has a FAQ: What employment details are shown on the payment summary? which has a table that shows the combinations required.

Please note that termination an employee will prevent that employee from being processed through payroll. Existing pay history and transactions will still be in the system. The only thing that will be removed would be the entitlement balances and standard pay setup for the employee (which is indicated in the information window when a termination date is entered).

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
18,787 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Kindy

The Payment type value* comes from the tax table the employee's card is on. So using the above method for the employee's card that is set to report the working holiday amount values you would need to set the relevant working holiday maker tax tables on the employee's card. This way when the payment summary is reported it will look at the tax table and see that it is a working holiday makers one thus show H as the payment type.

*H being Working Holiday Maker and S being Standard Employee.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

HI Steven

new problem is all new cards I set up, none shown on step 7, so no where to add any amounts in Smiley Sad .

How can see all new cards on step 7?

Pendo
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I have the same problem as Shirley in that the new employees created don't show up in section 7 of payment summary creation. Has anyone solved this ??

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post