User
Australia
mel90
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Error in inventory Item Register Quanity Field

So I went to do an Inventory count and It currently shows that I have 235 on hand of an item which is incorrect but all the other items have the correct amount on hand. I then went into Item register and search only that item number, I had made a purchase which shows 250 as the quantity but when i go into the transaction it only shows that i purchased 10 which 10 is correct for that transaction. There is also a transaction of a sale where it says there is -50 quanity and when I go into that transaction I sold only 2 in quantity. I'm sure what to do to fix this so I can do my inventory count which should only be 17 not 235

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,081 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21081Posts

2353Kudos

2946Solutions

Re: Error in inventory Item Register Quanity Field

Hi @mel90

I think you actually may have two problems bundled together.

Firstly, I would recommend going to the Buying Details of that particular item and checking the Number of items per Buying unit. What this field is used for is it allows you to specify how many stock units you are buying with you purchase a quantity. The best example is cans of drink, say you purchase a box of 24 but break them out of the box and stock them individually you would set 24 as the Number of Items per Buying Unit. This way when you purchase 1 you will get 24 individual stock units, buy 2 you will get 48 stock units... sounds like yours is set to be 25 (purchased 10 get 250 in stock). You might want to do the same with the Number of Items per Selling Unit. 

Now the other issue may be that you have a future dated transaction. The Inventory Count window will show all transactions where as the Item Register window will show all transactions within the date range. The numbers provided don't seem to add up, opening balance of 0, purchase 250 (250 stock)  and then sell 50 you should 200 in stock, you mention you have 235. So I would expand on the Item Register window date range i.e. 01/01/2000 to 31/12/9998 to see if you have any future dated transactions which are affected the item quantities but not appearing in the Items Register with a narrower date range.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
mel90
4 Posts
User
Australia
mel90
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I think there is a software problem, it I checked everything again and it still doesn't make sense.

Item ZPCFA4 (Frames) 1 Pack has 25 Frames. (this is in the buying and selling details)

1st June 10 packs currently on hand in inventory  (10 packs = 250 frames)

3rd June purchase 10 packs (10 packs = 250 frames) inventory should be 20 packs = 500 frames

10th June Sell 2 Packs (2 Packs = 50 Frames) Inventory should now be 18 Packs = 450 Frames

20th June Inventory Adjustment of 1 Pack of 25 Frames to use as office equipment. Inventory should then be 17 Packs = 425 Frames.

My inventory count says 235 on hand, the individual transactions look right, and the item register says I have 10 on hand on 1st June, 3rd of June 250, 10th of June -50, 20th June 25. Which leaves me to 235 as the inventory count. I dates and everything is fine.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,081 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21081Posts

2353Kudos

2946Solutions

Hi @mel90

You mentioned that the items are setup as "1 pack has 25 frames", so are you saying that the Number of Buying/Selling items are set to be 1 or 25?

If it is set to be 25 then you are basically saying that when you purchase 1 frame you are getting in 25 frames into stock. So based on what you are describing you actually have the following values in stock:

Attachment.PNG

So by purchasing 10 of this item, you are saying you are getting 250 into stock (that is 250 individual stock items NOT 10 packs) - it treats them as individual items, not packs as you have told it to be the individual items.

Whereas if you set the number of items in a buying/selling unit to be 1 you would be looking at the individual packs. So regardless of whether one pack has 25 frames or 3 frames it is still a pack. As such the inventory based transactions would be the following and give you the desired outcome:

Attachment.PNG

This is not a software problem this is due to the way in which the items have been setup and as indicated above in screenshots when the items are setup to have the number of items per buying/selling unit to be 1 it will give you the desired outcome.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post