User
Australia
vivian999

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

get access for mac

Hi,

I think I have the same problem toward instanting MYOB in MAC.

Can I get the following link to instant it?

MYOB AccountEdge v 14.5 Educational Edition

If you have latest Versions that`s fine as well.

Thanks

vivian

5 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,454 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5454Posts

526Kudos

739Solutions

Re: get access for mac

Hi @vivian999

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

You can find all of our Student Edition download links on our thread, MYOB Student Edition Download links.

Do let us know how you get on with this,

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
vivian999
3 Posts
User
Australia
vivian999

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

Firstly, thanks for your reply. I have successfully downloaded and updated the AccountEdge Pro v15.5 Student Edition-.

Secondly, this vision cannot open a file with .myob . 

Thirdly, other links cannot be open by Mac, either.

So, are there better soultions for Mac system?

Best regards

Vivian

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,454 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5454Posts

526Kudos

739Solutions

HI @vivian999

AccountEdge is only capable of opening files with an extension of .myo. This format was used by both AccountEdge and AccountRight v19, and AccountRight v19 files could be upgraded slightly to be read in AccountEdge.

Depending on the course, your files may have the extension of .myox, which is the extension used by AccountRight 201X.X. As these files use a different internal structure they aren’t able to be read by AccountEdge. If this is the case you may want to speak to your educational provider to see if they can provide you with an AccountEdge version of the file.

As the other student edition programs are Windows based, if you want to use them on a Mac you will need to use a third party program such as Boot Camp or Parallels to be able to install them.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
vivian999
3 Posts
User
Australia
vivian999

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply.

So, your saying mean that only windows system can open Account Right 2015.4? But now,I have use the AccountEdge to complete homework. I found there are little differences between these applications. For example, in the AccountEdge I cannot delete an account from account list? Can you explain some detail differences between them?

Best regards

Vivian

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,454 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5454Posts

526Kudos

739Solutions

HI @vivian999

That is correct, AccountEdge is the only Mac specific program that we have. Our AccountRight student editions are designed for Windows and will not install upon a Mac without the use of third party programs.

In terms of differences between AccountRight and AccountEdge, there is very little between the two as they are designed to work in the same way. As AccountEdge is developed in conjunction with a third party there are may be some small differences in terms of functionality and how certain features work. That being said the two programs are inherantly the same and have almost the same functionality

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post