Highlighted
Experienced Cover User Expat
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Solved: Go to Solution

BAS

Hi All

Quick question is there anyway I can use my BAS form preperation when my Accountnat has not closed This years Accounts  . Thks 

3 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner ronatbas
3,854 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Re: BAS

@Expat

It will depend on which year your file is sitting at the moment. If your file is at FY2017 you will be able to select Next Year when you call up BASLink.  Check this at Setup>company Information>current financial year.

If your file is still at FY2016, you will not be able to use the BASlink to do your BAS but have look at the attached annotated copy of a GST summary report. It points out what fits where. You then need to add your  payroll activity figures at W1 and W2.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Experienced Cover User Expat
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Thanks Ron   It is a little strange as my Accountant closed  FY 15/16  but I have on my Bas prep Financial Year 2016 Nexy Year = 2017  ?   My File is still sitting at 2016 after checking  ??  problem is when I select 2017 I get data from 2016   . Besides contacting my accountant any advise   Thks Gary

Ultimate Partner ronatbas
3,854 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

@Expat

It sounds as though your accountant may have entered an alignment journal but not processed the rollover.

If you go the Accounts Command Centre and call up Transaction Journal for 30/6/16. It will be a multi line journal. If it exists then you can safely roll forward to FY2017.

No journal means that you should call the accountant and confirm that it was done using another method. You may also ask if at this stage it is worth doing - you should be getting another one in the coming weeks. Their alignment journal will be from existing on file so it not too dramatic if there was no alignment for FY2016

If that is the case then it will be rollover time - make sure you back up before you do it.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post