Emailing Statements crashes MYOB (when changing date)

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User alisoncplatt
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
alisoncplatt
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Emailing Statements crashes MYOB (when changing date)

I just tried to send my November statements to suppliers by ticking them all and choosing 30 November as the statement date.  MYOB crashed twice.  I tried again but just kept today's date (1 December) and it worked.  Anyone else having the same issue?

I am using AccountRight Plus AU 2017.2.0, build 2017.2.20.2822.

(I know we had an update recently so is it related to that?)

Thanks all!

5 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,981 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5981Posts

629Kudos

811Solutions

Re: Emailing Statements crashes MYOB (when changing date)

Hi @alisoncplatt

Are you able to clarify a couple of things so that we can get this resolved for you?

• When you choose the 30 November date, exactly what happens when you get this crash? Are you getting any error messages?
  • If you are receiving any error messages what is the exact wording of the error? If you are receiving the somethings gone wrong and AccountRight needs to Close, then an error log can be obtained by clicking the View error details option in the bottom left hand corner.
  • Does the crash happen if you choose a date prior to 30 November?

We haven’t had any other reports  of crashes happening when changing the date in emailing statements, and even when I tried replicating this using our Clearwater sample company I wasn’t able to replicate it using AccountRight 2017.2.

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
alisoncplatt
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Neil

Thanks for responding!

I did get the 'somethings gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close' message.  I have just tested this again (using my email in the test statement so that I didn't send a duplicate to the client) and it happened again.

I have attached:

- the screen print for my attempt to email with stat date 30 Nov.

- the error log for this

- a screen print to show that the same thing happened with stat date 28 Nov

The error log states 'emailDetails must not be null or empty' but as you can see, there is an email address listed and it did send them when I changed the date to 1 Dec.  Confusing!

Thanks!  Alison

(I only sent to one client this time - last time I sent to all with outstanding invoices, but with the same result each time.)

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,981 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5981Posts

629Kudos

811Solutions

Hi @alisoncplatt

Thanks for confirming all of that information and the error log, it was helpful in getting a sense of what’s going on with your program.

Am I correct in assuming that your company file is stored online and you are using the Online AccountRight email system? If you are, are you able to run through this help article, Set up AccountRight to send emails, and ensure that all of the settings for online emailing is setup correctly.

Additionally if you do have a lock period set in your company file, are you able to untick it temporarily to see if it makes any difference when trying to send these emails?

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
alisoncplatt
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Neil

Yes - our company file is stored online and we are using the Online AccountRight email system.  I checked our email setup and it was all good.

Interestingly though, the lock period suggestion you made seems to have fixed the problem!  After doing the September BAS I changed the lock period date from 1/7/17 to 1/10/17.  I just changed it back to 1/7/17 and the 30 Nov statement then emailed successfully!  I then changed it back to 1/10/17 and tried again and the statement also emailed successfully, so maybe playing with this date has fixed a random glitch/gremlin somewhere.

I will assume that this is now fixed but will get back to you in January if I have issues with the 31 December statements.

Thanks for your help with getting this resolved!

Alison

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,981 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5981Posts

629Kudos

811Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @alisoncplatt

Glad to hear that adjusting the date on the lock period has allowed those statements to be emailed successfully. It certainly sounds like changing this date has refreshed something in the system, as to what I’m not exactly sure as the error on the error log didn’t seem to relate to dates in any way.

Either way its working now and that’s the important thing.

So please do let us know if it happens again

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post