Online Activity Statement, Stuck

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Highlighted
Trusted Cover User DKP
61 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
DKP
Trusted Cover User

61Posts

155Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Online Activity Statement, Stuck

Hi

Have followed bouncing ball to set up to lodge activity statement to ATO via MYOB.

No problem, apparently.

Then i go to lodge my first activity statement and when i am at the Finalisation area, i have two messages. 

1. Validated successfully

2. ATO has not passed vailidation of the return. The following will need to be fixed before you can                        proceed.             Field not supplied in valid format.

It then shows my Business details, but does not highlight what is incorrect. 

The only thing i can think of is the post code listed on the screen here is three digits, dropped the first "0" of our 0820 post code. Something we Territorians get a lot of problem with software.

I have checked MYOB and the ATO and both have the postcode with the four necessary digits, so where is MYOB gathering this three digit postcode information??

What do i fix and where.

Screen shot attached.

Any help appreciated.

Cheer

7 REPLIES
Trusted Cover User DKP
61 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
DKP
Trusted Cover User

61Posts

155Kudos

3Solutions

Re: Online Activity Statement, Stuck

i am going to assume that MYOB has no answer for me re this post and will now return to manual submission of IAS. 

Will try again next month.

Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,045 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4045Posts

2841Kudos

631Solutions

@DKP

I wonder which genius at Australia Post dreamed up the need for a leading zero. It has caused problems in spreadsheet programs for ever and virtually every database program that has been written since.  

As you can gather I think that is where your problem lies and I would love to say change the zero to a one and hope that the ATO are brighter than Australia Post and will allow it through. It is not as though ATO are in any way going to take any notice of your Post Code if there is anything wrong. 

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
mjd
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
mjd
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have the same problem, was there ever a reply regarding this problem?

Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,045 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4045Posts

2841Kudos

631Solutions

@DKP

Please read my response closely - the problem is not an MYOB problem, not an ATO problem, the fault lies with Australia Post,. My PC is 3150, use that - some one in the ATO may think you are silly, but more likely the system send a letter to Darwin 3150. If Aust Post got enough letters with odd ball PC's they may do something about it but please don't try to have every software company try to accomadate the stupidity of Australia Post

No one in the ATO is going to reference the post code you have recorded when they need to contact you, your Tax Agent or your BAS Agent. The Agent/s are the first point of call by the ATO and we regularly have to field calls that process calls about clients that are no longer on our books because the the ATO has not updated their files, but that is another issue. We have never had a call saying your client xx has recorded their PC incorrectly!

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,772 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

20772Posts

2304Kudos

2892Solutions

Hi @DKP @mjd @ronatbas

The lodging of online BAS statements for with address post codes starting with a 0 like 0123 is something that we have reported to the team to look into to be resolved as soon as possible.

In the meantime, as @ronatbas's has mentioned using another post code would be a potential workaround that could be used.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,772 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

20772Posts

2304Kudos

2892Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @DKP @mjd

The team have looked into a situation that did occur when lodging online BAS Statements with post codes starting with a 0 i.e. 0123. This should now be resolved and you should be able to file with the correct post code.

We would love to know how you get on now that has been addressed.

CC @ronatbas

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Trusted Cover User DKP
61 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
DKP
Trusted Cover User

61Posts

155Kudos