Cover User
Australia
GinaWest_65
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re lodge your BAS activity statements online

I have to amend a BAS statement which I have already lodged. I select the period which is my current period only due 23rd September and choose revise. I correct it. However when I have to lodge it again it says that the ATO has not validated it and wont allow me to re lodge.

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,772 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

20772Posts

2304Kudos

2892Solutions

Re: Re lodge your BAS activity statements online

Hi @GinaWest_65

I'm sorry to see that no one has offered their assistance in regards to your enquiry

Validation of an online activity statement will go through a quick check to ensure that you have entered the mandatory information and the formatting is correct. 

If there are errors you would generally have a green notification that appears indicating that validation was successful.

If there are errors you tend to get a red notification that the ATO has not passed validation on the return. When that does happen, I would try it once again at a later stage - sometimes there the ATO experience brief outages and trying again a later stage would be your best workaround. If it still is not validating, generally the red notification will have a second line which would outlined why it has not validated - we would need this one to investigate further. 

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Ultimate Partner Seattle
1,409 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Seattle
Ultimate Partner

1409Posts

1151Kudos

134Solutions

Re: Re lodge your BAS activity statements online

@GinaWest_65 @Steven_M

Gina,

Thank you for your post.

I lodge BAS/IAS for clients via the Tax Agent Portal.

Some clients lodge a BAS/IAS via the Business Portal.

No verification has been required in the past.

The ATO advised in their September 2017 Webcast that about 30% of Tax Returns are being lodged using PLS. PLS will be compulsory for all Tax Returns in the near future.

The ATO advised that they are working on a new Portal and will make it available for use around April 2018.

Steven, can you confirm that MYOB software uses PLS to lodge BAS/IAS and that verification is required.

Gina, once again thank you for your post.

The world of accounting is changing fast.

Duncan

Duncan Smith
Business Advice + Tax
www.businessadviceplustax.com.au
Helping business owners build a better business since 1998
E expressgst@optusnet.com.au T 02 9904 3672 7 days
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post