Sort Button on reports not available

KennyW
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

Sort Button on reports not available

Looking to make a custom report and the sort button is greyed out - This is something to do with perferences but what do I change/rights needed? 

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,818 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Sort Button on reports not available

Hi @KennyW

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Certain reports in AccountRight will show a Sort button on the Filters tab but it will be greyed out as the columns are not sortable. For example, a Balance Sheet or Profit & Loss report, as these reports do follow the account list structure they are not able to be sortable.

The same would be true for custom reports - if the source report (i.e. the report that it was based off) doesn't allow for the sorting of values then the custom report would be the same.

If you wanted that sorting you could look at sending that report to Excel and then sort the required values in Excel.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
KennyW
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

I thought that this might be the case - im trying to create a segmented P & L by rearranging codes to be more informative to a client tracking performance of a business segment. 

Any thoughts on MYOB capabilities? 

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,818 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @KennyW

The Profit and Loss based reports are designed to follow the account list structure so if you needing to a different format for your Profit and Loss reports you could look at changing the account list structure. Help Article: Create detail and header accounts would be able to assist with that process.

Alternatively, you could look at sending the relevant report to Excel and then making the necessary changes to the values to get the appropriate format you require.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post