I have trying to get started with MYOB but no response at all

4 REPLIES
Contributing Partner barrywilson
8 Posts
Contributing Partner
New Zealand

Re: I have trying to get started with MYOB but no response at all

I would appreciate that as at this stage I have signed up to just about everythinng to get a response which is not good.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,227 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @barrywilson

I have asked the team to look into your request and provide a response to enquiry as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
8 Posts
Contributing Partner
New Zealand

I have filled out the forms and requested access to start using the API that was 2 days ago which is why I have come to the forum.  I have signed up again for the 3rd time.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,227 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @barrywilson

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

I understand from the notes on your account that you are looking at exporting data from AccountRight to a third party program. 

Firstly AccountRight does have a Export data function which can be access via the File>>Import/Export Assistant. This will allow you to export that data into a text file with the format of tab delimited or comma separated. You can then use that text file to import data directly into your third party program if it does allow for it, please note that some manual data manipulation may be required.

Alternatively MYOB does offer the AccountRight API, basically in short it allows for data to be transferred from one program to AccountRight or from AccountRight. Generally these are used by the software developers of the third party program to build into their program so that their software users can use feature. I would recommend contacting the third party software developer to see if their software currently allows for that interaction or it is something that they are looking into for the future. 

If you are looking doing that interaction with the AccountRight API yourself for your program you can look at joining the MYOB Developer program and have access to the APIs to assist in completing that task. If you would like to join our developer program you are welcome to fill out the form on the DeveloperCentre to get the ball rolling - do note it can take a period of time to complete that request at our end as it does involve the setup of an account at our end by the team.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
8 Posts
Contributing Partner
New Zealand

I have trying to get started with MYOB but no response at all

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post