MYOB 2016 and API Getting Started

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
4 REPLIES
Contributing Partner Shawky
7 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia

Re: MYOB 2016 and API Getting Started

Hi Tom

I hope someone else can provide you assistance. I have moved on to more important things. Time ran out for me to do any MYOB development given the amount of difficulty getting started and the issues I have with AccountRight that were not a problem in Premier.

I did run up the sample application provided for Visual Studio. It looks quite simple if you are already familiar with C#. There is no need to understand the lower layers. Just use the standard method calls that seem to relate directly to the GUI interfaces.

I connected to my local MYOB database and there was no need to register. If you have MYOB in the cloud, I think you need to register.

Anyway, sorry I can't advise more except try the demo project. Good luck

Shawky

regards

Shawky

7 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia

Tom

I'm waiting for feedback from the regisration request too. I registered this afternoon after seeing your post and getting a not so positive response to a problem I'm having using the basic CSV import solution for ItemPurchase line items with a zero Quantiy. I'd rather avoid ODBC, but might be an option.

Anyway, my 10 minutes assessment:

It looks and smells like a Web Service. The data transfer is JSON but MYOB have provided tightly defined classes in the DotNet environment to work with MYOB objects like ItemPurchaseOrder, Bill and so forth.

So you don't need to worry about the underlying format. Similarly for other platforms I guess.

I downloaded the SDK through NUGet in Visual Studio and browsed:  MYOB.AccountRight.SDK

Clues as:

https://github.com/MYOB-Technology/AccountRight_Live_API_.Net_SDK/wiki

https://github.com/MYOB-Technology/accountright_sample_csharp

http://myob-technology.github.io/accountright_sample_csharp/

https://github.com/MYOB-Technology

The example code is a start, but one needs the developer key, looking at the main programme startup.

Looks like the interface can run synchronous or asynchronous so great for a forms interface (as per the example).

Hope this obvious stuff helps. Stay tuned for someone who actually knows what they are doing to respond to your questions. Hopefully these hints will get you there first.

regards

Shawky

Contributing User Tom_Szabo
20 Posts
Contributing User

Thanks for the quick reply, I have so far requested the API Access and waiting for a reply. In the meantime I have been reading the "Getting Started...." ... well this whole documentation leaves space for improvement. I think whoever did it should have concentrated on the content a little more instead of the "cool" things...

After spending an afternoon on and off, I still have no idea what format do I have to push the data up into MYOB... but won't give up

7 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia

Hey Tom

Have you looked at MYOB API Getting Started?

It is on my list soon to migrate from Excel VBA into old Premier 7 into AccountRight Premier 2016 desktop.

I thought the concept of the web api interface (hopefully it is a RESTful interface) and apps could be advantageous.

I'll keep an eye on this post

Contributing User Tom_Szabo
20 Posts
Contributing User

MYOB 2016 and API Getting Started

Hi All,

I have been a dev partner for a while using the ODBC connection on V19. No I need to make the move to the new version, 2016 installed on local network and I am trying to find information on what steps required to do so.

Do I need to register the Datafile for API access like we had to with the ODBC?

Is there a description of the concept interfacing MYOB from the API?

TIA

Tom

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post