ODBC "cannot launch MYOB" when access type is set to READ_WRITE using API - AccountRight Premier 19.4

2 REPLIES
Contributing Cover User kjm
17 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
kjm
Contributing Cover User

17Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: ODBC "cannot launch MYOB" when access type is set to READ_WRITE using API - AccountRight Premier 19.4

Thanks. UAC was turned off but I was not running Visual Studio as Administrator. Once I changed that it all worked..Your post definitely pointed me in the right direction. Really appreciate it 

MYOB Staff Post HelenB
225 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
New Zealand
HelenB
MYOB Staff Post

225Posts

203Kudos

55Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: ODBC "cannot launch MYOB" when access type is set to READ_WRITE using API - AccountRight Premier 19.4

Hi @kjm

This `Cannot Launch MYOB` error message indicates that the connection was not able to launch the AccountRight Process, or it does not have sufficient privileges to interact with the already running process. 

When launching a read/write connection the ODBC driver requires the AccountRight applications executable (myobp.exe for Premier/Enterprise, myob.exe for Plus/Standard). 

The driver will look to spawn the process if it can’t find it running or if the process is detected it will “piggyback” and attach itself to the one process running can be used for both Premier and ODBC. ‘Cannot Launch MYOB’ will often occur as a result of a few things, lack of permissions or UAC (User Account Control) settings. Please note: Read-only connections do not require the AccountRight process running silently in the background, hence this type of connection and data extraction works fine. 

ensure the windows user has full permissions to the following: 

• Company file Folder. 

• ODBC Driver Folder i.e. c:\MYOBODBCAU10 folders 

• AccountRight Application Folder c:\Premier19, c:\Enterprise19 etc. 

• Folder containing the key file 

• SendMessage API (ntdll.dll) 

If the UAC is turned on and running please try adjusting/disabling the UAC and testing as it may be blocking access to the SendMessageAPI (ntdll.dll) 

Everything needs to run at an elevated level of permissions when handling the AccountRight executable and ODBC ie administrator mode. Therefore, you may also need to ‘Run this program as an Administrator’ in order for the driver to launch the AccountRight Premier executable.

Hope this helps.

Thanks 

Helen

Contributing Cover User kjm
17 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
kjm
Contributing Cover User

17Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

ODBC "cannot launch MYOB" when access type is set to READ_WRITE using API - AccountRight Premier 19.4

I am able to read using the ODBC when the access type is set to read_write..It works fine when just using read.

I have confirmed this problem using the SQL TESTER app that comes with AU_ODBCv7.0.9 (see attached)

I am using WINDOWS 10, MYOB AccountRight Premier 19.4 and ODBCDirect10. 

I installed MYOB and then installed the ODBC driver from the subfolder 'ODBCDirect10'

Any ideas?

read_write.jpg
read.jpg
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post