Australia
DeveloperJack
MYOB Staff Post

65Posts

21Kudos

7Solutions

Re: Reports

Hi there @coffeepapercups,

You're absolutely correct here AccountRight Live no longer has the ODBC driver but instead offers a REST API which has a richer data structure; alas that does also usually mean needing to write code against the API to retrieve data.

In your specific case, it sounds like there may be an opportunity for an add-on to bridge the gap between ARL + Excel. It might be worth exploring what ExcelReportLink could do for you or potentially a reporting add-on.

I'd also recommend making sure this is shared with the product team via the Ideas Exchange so that they have a clear understanding of how you're using the reports for your client.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Jack

Jack Skinner
MYOBapi Evangelist

Are you a developer? Check out http://developer.myob.com
Looking for an Add-on? Check out http://myob.com/addons/
coffeepapercups
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
coffeepapercups

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Reports

I currently use the Sales Detail Report to prepare driver run sheets.

I run the report export the report to excel.

I have a few items that need to be included but i feel reports are so restrictive and don't allow cross-selection.

1. The report does not have the abaility when customising to select units related to the inventory items.  I am required to manaully enter the units for hundreds of line items.  I need this report to be headed by customer i know I could run the Item Detail Report but this does not head the report by detail.

2. If there is a late order I have to re-run the report and export to excel again cut and paste into my run sheet.

Also I cannot customise the design of the report 

3. I cannot Customise the format of the report i.e. grid lines

4. I cannot select payment method so driver knows if customer paying by credit card or cheque

Can anyone assist me please it's simply extracting the data and reporting in excel.  I don't want to pay a monthly subscription for what is already in the database.  I know what fields I need but MYOB seem to have tied our hands in terms off access. How can I run a report that tellls me what the customer is buying by quantity but not allow me to select units.

I know in old version there was an ODBC connection you could connect via excel. 

Thanks

Marica Cindric
Office Administration/Bookkeeper
Australia Packaging Pty Ltd
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post