Client Portal - Separating clients

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Experienced Partner BenMuller
64 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

Client Portal - Separating clients

I have a husband and wife with a company.

They have recently separated and the husband is retaining ownership of the company.

I set them up as one portal with two users, each individual approved their own tax returns.

Obviously I want to set the wife up with her own portal now and remove her from the "company" portal as she should not be able to view the future tax returns of her ex and the company.

How do I move her previous tax returns to her new portal. If I delete her as a user of the company portal will that affect the approved returns and her electronic signature?

What is your advice in this situation?

Ben

Ben
3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Linda_K
249 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Re: Client Portal - Separating clients

HI @BenMuller,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you can remove the wife from the company portal. 

To do this, locate the company’s portal in the list of portals (clients > Portals), select Edit and within the Users in this portal section, select the x against the wife’s record.  This will remove the wife from the company’s portal and therefore she will no long be able to view any documents uploaded. 

For more details on this refer to the MYOB Portal help > Edit a client portal.  Make sure you press Update at the bottom once you have completed editing the users.

Cheers,

Linda
Practice Solutions Support
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
Experienced Partner BenMuller
64 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

Hi Linda,

Thank you for the reply.

I understand this as I have been using the portal for a long time but if I do that she will nolonger have acces to her previous approved tax returns.

Can those returns be reassinged to her new portal or do I have to upload them again once the new portal is created?

Ben

Ben
MYOB Moderator Linda_K
249 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Hi @BenMuller,

You will need to upload them again to her new portal.

Cheers,

Linda
Practice Solutions Support
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post