MYOB AO Classic - General Ledger (Sub accounts)

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Julia1234
2 Posts
User
Australia
Julia1234

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB AO Classic - General Ledger (Sub accounts)

Hi,

I'm just doing some account maintenance for a client and needed to create sub accounts for a specific expense account but there were already expenses allocated into said account.

For example,

$1234 in account 377 which needed to be broken down into sub accounts 377/01 and 377/02.

I've created the 377/01 and 02 accounts and was prompted to add a different account because the $1234 was now going to be in the master account, so I created 377/00.

I've then reallocated the transactions from 377/00 into 377/01 and 02 respectively by double-clicking on each transaction and changing the Account Code. Everything worked but after the reallocation, 377/01 seems to have changed to 377/00.

Now my accounts do not balance to zero and the transactions that I have reallocated to 377/01 before are missing. There's also two 377/00 accounts now and I can't delete one or the other because there are transactions in there that I can't seem to see.

Can someone please explain why this has occurred and what I can do to fix this?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post