Problems logging in - SQL server does not exist

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Highlighted
Partner SimoneD
3 Posts
Partner
Australia
Solved: Go to Solution

Problems logging in - SQL server does not exist

All of a sudden we are getting intermittent problems logging into MYOB AO Tax on the laptop which logs into my PC network to access data. However my PC has no issues logging in and nothing has altered. My IT person thinks it could have something to do with recent Windows 7 updates?

He can see no reason why this intermittent issue would be happening.

Has anyone else had issues in the last couple of weeks?

1 REPLY
Valued User SB_Systems
74 Posts
Valued User
Australia
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Problems logging in - SQL server does not exist

Hi @SimoneD,

If you're experiencing the issue on your laptop, but not your desktop, as a test I would recommend trying turning off the firewall on your laptop.

Can you please right-click on your network connection in the system tray, select Open Network and Sharing Center.

Confirm which network you are currently connected to, this will be either: Public network, Work network or Home Network.

Go into Control Panel -> Windows Firewall -> Turn Windows Firewall on or off -> select Turn off Windows Firewall for the network identified previously.

Test MYOB AE and see if the issue is resolved. If so, I would recommend working with your IT provider to setup network profiles for inside and outside your network, with the inside profile having the firewall disabled.

If there is still an issue, I would look at any local network security software you may have installed. eg: Symantec, Mcafee, AVG, Sophos, etc..

Let me know if you have any luck.

Stewart Williams
Smart Business Systems
1300 798 717 | www.sbsystems.com.au

Please remember to give Kudos if someone has helped resolve your problem.
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post