Forum Discussion

2 months ago
Solved

Advanced Report Designer Login

Hi

Im trying to edit a report in MYOB advanced report designer and ham having difficulty logiing in.  I get an error - "The remote name could not be resolved:'name' ".

What format does the name need to be in to make the login screen happy?

• Hi marting1 ,

Without seeing a screenshot of the error I'm having trouble picturing what's wrong. 

Almost every problem I've personally had in thoses creens has been because I've gotten something wrong with either the site URL I was trying to access, the Company Name of the company my data was in, or because I had the wrong Username/password combination:
    Here's the basic empty screen if I open the Report Designer directly.Here you can see one filled in after I opened a .RPS file

Of note above:

URL  - should be the name of your Advanced Business site
    Example: https://sitename.myobadvanced.com/ 

Login - 
    This must be of the format:  Username@CompanyName
    Example: admin@Main

Select report to Load - This should be the screen name of the report you want to customise, with .RPX on the end.

I'm pretty sure the Login field is case sensitive.

If you've got time, doing the full S150 Reporting Report Designer course from Acumatica is how I got started with the report designer, it's available in their Open University here:
    https://openuni.acumatica.com/courses/reporting/

(S130 is pretty great as well, but that also involves some Generic Inquiry work which while awesome, and I recommend, isn't exactly what you were asking about.)

If you're getting stuck, reaching out to your implementation consultant/support partner should be able to short cut the process as well. 

3 Replies

Will_H
    MYOB Moderator

Hi marting1 ,

Without seeing a screenshot of the error I'm having trouble picturing what's wrong. 

Almost every problem I've personally had in thoses creens has been because I've gotten something wrong with either the site URL I was trying to access, the Company Name of the company my data was in, or because I had the wrong Username/password combination:
    Here's the basic empty screen if I open the Report Designer directly.Here you can see one filled in after I opened a .RPS file

Of note above:

URL  - should be the name of your Advanced Business site
    Example: https://sitename.myobadvanced.com/ 

Login - 
    This must be of the format:  Username@CompanyName
    Example: admin@Main

Select report to Load - This should be the screen name of the report you want to customise, with .RPX on the end.

I'm pretty sure the Login field is case sensitive.

If you've got time, doing the full S150 Reporting Report Designer course from Acumatica is how I got started with the report designer, it's available in their Open University here:
    https://openuni.acumatica.com/courses/reporting/

(S130 is pretty great as well, but that also involves some Generic Inquiry work which while awesome, and I recommend, isn't exactly what you were asking about.)

If you're getting stuck, reaching out to your implementation consultant/support partner should be able to short cut the process as well. 

marting1
      User

Thanks Will_H

That was exactly what I needed.  I had entered my user name as my email.

Cheers

Martin

Will_H
        MYOB Moderator

Glad I could help.

I usually get that information by using the Edit Report button on a report, and then opening the resulting .RPS file.

(Because I've done quite a lot of report work, I've actually associated the RPS file type to the report writer properly in Windows, which means I can double click on them once downloaded.)

.RPS files are basically just links with your username , website and form prefilled.