Start a Post

Access Denied - account right must close when access .qif file

Highlighted
LJw
4 Posts
Cover User

Access Denied - account right must close when access .qif file

Hi All,

I get the following error whenever I try to open a qif file using the get statement option.  It seems very recent is this a 2016.2.2 error?

AccountRight Application Error Report
=====================================
Application Version: 2016.2.18.5106
Application File Version: 2016.2.18.9675
Incident Id: 007f0863-7d08-400e-9b62-700d93e1e575
Time: Thursday, 3 November 2016 11:38:58 AM

Code:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException

Access to the path 'MaskedFilePath.txt' is denied.

7 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,672 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Access Denied - account right must close when access .qif file

Hi @LJw

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of useful information.

That is a rather unusual error message, certainly not one that usually appears if something goes amiss when trying to import bank statement transactions. The error log itself seems to suggest that for some reason AccountRight is being denied access to the import file.

Are you able to clarify a couple of things for me, so that we can get to the bottom of this?

The qif file you are trying to import, where does it sit? Are you able to move the file to a different location, such as your desktop? As different locations can have different permissions, if the file was able to be imported from a different location it could indicate a permissions related issue

Inside the Reconcile Accounts window do you have a number of transactions that have been ticked but haven’t been reconciled? Although this shouldn’t make any difference, we have had a handful of rare instances where having a large number of ticked transactions caused issues with the importing of qif files.

If your file is stored on the cloud are you able to try checking the file out by going to File >> Check Out and then trying to import the qif file again? Checking a file out puts a copy of it back on your computer, which can help us work out if the issue is related in any way to the internet or the file being on the cloud

Do let us know how you get on checking these couple of things,

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
LJw
4 Posts
Cover User

I've tried moving file from downloads to general desktop and same error occurs. I don't have anything checked when I try to 'get statement' and I've just tried to checkout my company file but this fails telling me to check my internet connection even though I'm live.
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,672 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

HI @LJw

That’s a bit unusual that it’s not letting you check out your file. It could indicate that the sync file on your computer isn’t working as it should. To check this are you able to navigate to the following folder. Please note <username> refers to your Windows username.

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\MYOB\AccountRight\Offline\.sync

Inside this folder you will find one or more files with the extension of myox and a file named OnlineLinkFiles.mylnk. one of the files will be your company name .myox. This is the synchronised file that AccountRight uses when it tries to check the file out. Are you able to cut both this file and the mylnk file and paste them on your desktop.

By moving these files out of the sync folder AccountRight will try and create a new copy of both the next time you open AccountRight. When you open your online file, you may be prompted to do a manual synchronisation before it can synchronise automatically. Once you have opened AccountRight you can synchronise the file by going File >> Sync Company File.

Are you able to synchronise your company file and then if that completes successfully try checking out the file?

Do let us know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
LJw
4 Posts
Cover User

went to the offline file, and did what you said, was able to check out my file but I still get the same error.

AccountRight Application Error Report
=====================================
Application Version: 2016.2.18.5106
Application File Version: 2016.2.18.9675
Incident Id: 987e5c33-e4b1-4967-94f8-5462a95618ef
Time: Friday, 4 November 2016 1:34:49 PM

Code:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException

Access to the path 'MaskedFilePath.txt' is denied.

Any other ideas?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,672 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @LJw

Thanks for trying the import on a checked-out file, it is not a common error message to see when you are trying to import a qif file. You can check the file in by going to File >> Check in

Are you able to download a fresh copy of the qif file from your banks website, and place that onto your desktop. Once the file is downloaded please make sure that the qif file isn’t set to read only by right clicking on the qif file and choosing properties.

Instead of importing the qif file into your company file are you able to open one of the sample Clearwater companies and try importing the qif file into clearwater. You can find the Clearwater file by going to Open a Company File >> My Library >> Samples >> Au or NZ >> 201X.X and then choose one of the Clearwater files. None of them are password protected so you can choose one of them and open it easily.

As the Clearwater file is another file if the qif file imports into one file but not the other it can indicate an issue with the file that isn’t letting the qif file successfully import into.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
LJw
4 Posts
Cover User

Tried clearwater and other files, redowloaded .qif used .qif from other banks and still getting weird error.  Probably should say its recent and I don't remeber having this trouble earlier in the year so could it be something incompatible with windows 7 and new version of accountright 2016.2?

I will try on my sons desktop which is using a different version but I have to download myob then do it.  I will let you know unless you have some other ideas?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,672 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @LJw

Thanks for checking all of that. At this point we have ruled out just about everything but your computer, so the next step would be to try the import on another computer if that was a possibility. By trying it on a different computer, would give an indication as to whether the issue was happening from the computer itself and not from the company file or qif files.

If it works on one computer and not the other, then it would suggest that there is something different between the computers that is stopping the import of the qif file. Environmental issues like this can be tricky to determine and pin down at times.

Do let us know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post