Start a Post

Best laptop (or specifications needed) for online use of Accountright Plus please

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Highlighted
rachibex
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Solved: Go to Solution

Best laptop (or specifications needed) for online use of Accountright Plus please

I've recently switched my desktop PC to online as i was really excited to be able to use MYOB when i'm not at my desk.

I was pretty disappointed to find that I can't use the full version on my IPAD but got over that and resigned myself to 

having to buy a laptop if i want to keep up to date with my books when i'm out of the office (or out of the country).

Before i go and spend lots of money for the purpose of running MYOB online i'd just like to know if it's possible?

The mobile version that i can access on my iphone and ipad doesn't suit our business at all.

I guess i'm after product recommendations as the only other thing i think i know about the online version is that it 

needs to be windows based?  

Does that mean a surface could cope with it?  

Help please?

7 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
4,190 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Best laptop (or specifications needed) for online use of Accountright Plus please

HI @rachibex

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of useful information.

The downloadable app, MYOB OnTheGo, is a cut down version designed for invoicing and accessing the contacts of the online file, outside of that it doesn’t have any functionality.

If you were wanting to access your AccountRight file on the cloud with a full version of AccountRight, to do any of the functions then the device would have to run a full version of Windows.  This does mean that some tablets, such as the Microsoft Surface Pro range, can have AccountRight installed and access a cloud file. As AccountRight is a Windows based software you do need to have Windows as the operating system to be able to install and run AccountRight.

Our system requirements list the minimum requirements for any device to run AccountRight. As long as any device you were looking at met or ideally exceeded these requirements then you can install AccountRight on that device.

Please feel free to post any other questions that you may have.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
rachibex
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Re: Best laptop (or specifications needed) for online use of Accountright Plus please

Thanks so much for your quick response,  the news is good so all that remains for me to do is go shopping with those specs in mind.

Cheers

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
4,190 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @rachibex

Your very welcome,

If you are considering any tablet, please just make sure that it has a full version of Windows as some tablets have a cut down version of Windows called Windows RT. Windows RT won’t run AccountRight properly due to how it’s been cut down in the background.

Please feel free to post any other questions that you may have.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
rachibex
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

me again....i've checked the system requirements, but where do i find out which version i'm running?

The specifications are different for different versions so that's going to affect what i buy...

I've been to the "Help" drop down menu and gone to the "about Account Right" link at the bottom but the certificate thing that comes up doesn't help...

it's a big purchase so really need to get it right :-)

rach

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
4,190 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

HI @rachibex

Depending on what your Help >> About screen looks like there are different places to look for the information. I would encourage you to aim higher that the system requirements to ensure that your device has extra capacity to handle AccountRight.

If you are using AccountRight v19 then your Help >> About window will look like this:

aboutv19.PNG

In contrast AccountRight 2016’s Help >> About window will look like this:

abouthuxley.PNG

In both cases I have highlighted where to find the specific version in the red boxes. Please note for the AccountRight v19 Help >> About window I have used AccountRight Enterprise, however all versions of AccountRight v19 will have similar About window and have the version information located in the same positions.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
rachibex
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Ok so it seems that i'm actually using AccountRight 2016 I think it was the Plus that confused me assuming that if it was Plus it must be V19...

I think that's it then.  

Thanks for all your help.

Rach

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
4,190 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi Rach ( @rachibex )

Your very welcome, glad I was able to help. I can understand how you got a bit confused, it is a little vague in places.

Please feel free to post any time you have a question

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post