Start a Post

Budgets - Unable to Save. Your changes can't be saved because information in this record was modified in another window or by another user. Please re-open the record to make changes.

Candlebark
1 Post
Cover User

Budgets - Unable to Save. Your changes can't be saved because information in this record was modified in another window or by another user. Please re-open the record to make changes.

Hi,

I am trying to update a budget for FY 2017 by copying previous years actuals.

When i go to save i get the following error message:

Unable to Save.  Your changes can't be saved because information in this record was modified in another window or by another user.  Please re-open the record to make changes.

The version i am running is AccountRight 2016.3

Please advise as it has taken me an hour or so to bring accress the budget which will now not be saved..

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
18,221 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Budgets - Unable to Save. Your changes can't be saved because information in this record was modified in another window or by another user. Please re-open the record to make changes.

Hi @Candlebark

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

As that message does indicate it generally means that you are unable to save the current window as a change has been made to the data. As you are copying across last year's actuals this could be another user logging into the file and making changes to the data or you going into another window while entering the budgets and possibly making changes. Alternatively I have seen this particular error getting generated when a third party program (like an automated back up program) has impacted the database.

If you are receiving that message, you would be looking at closing the window and then reopening it to make the necessary changes. If you are coping from annuals and you have others in the file or there may be a chance that the data may change i.e. you may get distracted and do something else I would be entering those budgets values in stages for example all the income accounts, saving the window then entering the expense budgets.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post