This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
User
joannatsui
Australia
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Can I use the same file in both Win 7 & Win 8

I'm about the buy a new laptop (win8). I bring the laptop to the site.

My question is: can I access the same MYOB file from my desktop(win7)?

I'm using AccountRight Plus.

Weird is I've got 2 company files, one opens as AccountRight Plus, the other opens as AccountRight Standard even tho I open it from the same software...

Thanks,

Joanna

Please use plain text.
MYOB Moderator
Matthew_W
New Zealand

Re: Can I use the same file in both Win 7 & Win 8

Ho Joanna,

Firstly welcome to the Community Forum, I hope you find it a great source of information and resources.

You can certainly open your files on both Windows 8 and Windows 7, as long as you have the same version of AccountRight installed on both computers there should be no issue with this.

As for one of your files opening in Standard, you can have this update to match the Serial Number by opening the file and then selecting "Help->Change Product" from the Toolbar at the top of the screen. You can than select AccountRight Plus and Confirm the file to unlock the Payroll features.

Kind regards,

Matthew
MYOB Client Support

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to recognise a useful post?
Click the star to give Kudos

Please use plain text.
User
joannatsui
Australia
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt,

So does that mean I need to uninstall the AccountRight 2012 on win7 & install 2013 on win7 once I purchase the upgrade?

Ta,

Joanna

Please use plain text.
MYOB Moderator
Steven_M
New Zealand

Hi Joanna

You can uninstall of AccountRight 2012 via the control panel and then reinstall AccountRight version 2013. However  generally when you install the AccountRight 2013 program, the AccountRight 2012 version would uninstall as part of that installation.

Kind Regards,

Steven

Want to recognise a useful post?
Click the star to give Kudos

Please use plain text.